This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart attack over 40p

At the supermarket, we refund up to one hour's parking (60p) if customers spend over £10. The carpark is owned by the council, not us, so it's charged parking. Now, most people accept this, altho some people whine about not getting money back after spending a fiver; the guy I had the other day took this thing to the extreme.

He'd just handed over his ticket; I wrote the number on it and gave him his refund. He then looked at me in such a way as to suggest I'd just kicked his dog and murdered his first born son. The following exchange then took place.

Me: well, me
    SC: Duh brain

SC: Where's the rest of the money?
    Me: (thinking wtf?) I gave you 60p.
    SC: Actually, I paid a pound for my parking. Now give me the rest.
    Me: Sorry, but store policy is that we only refund up to one hour's parking.
    SC: I don't care. Give me the rest of my money.
    Me: Sorry, but I can't do that. We're only told to refund an hour's parking.
    SC: I've had enough of this, I'm going to customer's services.
    Me: (thinking) Good.

Now, this policy is written on the sign above every box where you pay for your parking, plus we have it on the actual bit you tear off the ticket, as well as on signs all over the store. We have always only refunded just 1 hour's parking, never have we handed over the full whack. Partly to be fair to all customers so they all get the same refund but also cuz something like that is open to abuse. Sure, the amount paid is printed on the ticket now (it never used to be but now it is) but this is store policy, like it or not. Is 40p really worth getting one's panties in a knot over?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Wow. I wonder if he's the type to make sure everyone opens their wrapped presents very carefully, so he can reuse the wrapping paper...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I did that once. One of the local grocery stores has a pay parking lot right next to it ($1/hour). If you buy any groceries at the store, you'll get one hour of parking reimbursed (with ticket, of course). One day, I go there and all I have on me is a $2 coin. Meh, I'll just get it refunded when I pay for my purchase, not fully reading the sign. This lesson cost me a dollar. However, I did not throw a fit. I accepted the fact that I did not read the sign properly and moved on in life.....and I never paid $2 to park at that lot again
      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

How much is 40p? Like two or three dollars? And what's £10?

Comment

I love how he tells you to give him back "his" money.

The less something costs, the bitchier people get. Heaven forbid you ever try to give anything away, and I pray for the souls of entities that actually *shudder* give customers free money.
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
            How much is 40p? Like two or three dollars? And what's £10?
            Forty pence is about seventy cents. £10 is about $17 or $18 - based on current exchange rates.

Rapscallion

Comment

I wonder if he's related to this cheap bastard: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=3033

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                I wonder if he's related to this cheap bastard:
                If he is, I'd shudder to think what it's like for the poor waitress if they go out for lunch together!
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

And I'm betting they wouldn't leave a tip!
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

This seems like the appropriate place for my story of tonight's SC of the Night.

A couple sits down at one of the tables in the bar, and I go over to find out what they would like to drink. The man very anally asks me about the price of draft beer vs. bottled beer. The woman has a soda, and ponders the specialty drinks menu for a while, finally ordering the cheapest margarita we have. They are there for a while, eating and drinking very little. But I already knew I was getting squat from them. If you are that worried about the price of a single beer, something tells me you ain't tipping all that wonderfully.

I was right.

Bill: $10.50
                    Tip: $1.00
                    Belief in karma: Free.
                    Knowledge that this asshole's cheapness is going to come back to bite him in the ass: Priceless!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X