X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grouchy customers

Meh, not extreme suckiness, but close.

This one I overheard as I marked down items nearby...

I see a customer coming up to the cash wrap near by. The cashier is currently ringing up a customer on a register and the customer walks up and says (very loudly), "WHAT REGISTER?"

How about the one that he's currently ringing a customer on? He's not going to stop just to take your bill payment. He looks behind and says, "Over here, just after I finish with this gentleman." Then she whines, "I just have a bill payment! The other register has a line at it too!"

Then he just says he's sorry and turns back to the other customer. About two minutes later, she was taken care of.

--

Sunday I had a huuuuuuuuuge adset. Everything in the kids department is on sale and nearly everything in Home Fashions/Small appliances/cookware is on sale too. Since HF is bigger, I set that one first. Thus, children's is not signed correctly by the time the store opens. I'm over there, trying to set it when a customer is shopping two racks away from me and she says loudly to her friend, "They should have their sale up before the store opens!"

It's funny, because someone did this to me a few weeks ago! Ugh! I turn to her and say, "I'm working very hard. We are shorthanded because one of our teammates is out because her sister just died! If you need anything scanned, please let me know and I'll be happy to help you."

She looked properly shamed at that and muttered "thanks" and left me alone.

I realize that she was right, as was the customer that said it to me last time was too. I really understand it, but I just don't know why they have to talk like I'm not standing there, working as fast as I can. They don't know how hard it is to set a sale. They don't know that I've been there since five AM (it was 11:30 then) trying to finish it. They don't know that until 11 AM, I was working in a building with no AC and sweating like a pig. It was so hot that I threw up and I'm thinking about calling OSHA about it.

It just made me mad, that's all.

--

Generally, it's been a long couple of days with Back to School in full swing down here in the Sunshine state. We've had fantastic sales and most customers are very gracious and understanding. Some people need to take manners classes, but eh, that's life!
Working...
X