This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're putting me out of business!

Ok, phone support for real estate agents here.

Back information... we have a site that only realtors can access where they get full listing tickets, public record information (deeds, tax information, all sorts of cool stuff that you would have to go to the county clerks office for), history of how many times the property has been listed in the system, and tons of other stuff.

We also have a public site that has basic information, NO contact information for the agent who has the property listed (because we want them to contact a realtor to get help with searching for properties), NO public record information, NO listing history... basically, enough information for them to get interested in the property but they still have to work with a realtor for more info.

Agents can run searches and find houses that they want to show the potential buyer, and then email a basic listing report/flyer to the potential buyer. A change in our system last week means that the emails now have the name of our public site at the top of them, because they're pulled from the public site to save time and get the emails out faster, so our system doesn't have to create static pages from the private site with basic info. It saves a LOT of time and means that the emails are generated a LOT faster.

Ok...

My last call of the day.

ME: Awesomeness phone rep
    SR: Sucky Realtor

Me: (answers phones, gets name and agent id, blah blah) How can I help you?

SR: You're putting me out of business!

Me: I'm sorry... ummm, is there something that I can assist you with?

SR: (Starts screaming about another company advertising on his listing emails. I figure out what he's talking about... and wait for a break in the screaming)

Me: Are you referring to the <public website> logo at the top of the email? That's our public website and the emails are created from there to save you time and to get the information to your clients faster...

SR: (cuts me off) I'd rather print it out and MAIL it to my client or drive 200 miles to hand it to them then have <public website> on the top of the page. I spent 12 hours picking out 5 perfect houses for my clients and NOW they can just go to the website and look at trash and they don't NEED me!

ME: I'm sorry that you feel that way, but the public site doesn't give out contact information for the list agents so your clients would still need to contact you for more information on any properties they see, and if you're finding the perfect houses for them then they probably won't see anything else they like on the site...

SR: (cuts me off again) 12 HOURS!!!!! DID YOU HEAR ME!!! You just wasted 12 HOURS of MY TIME and the MONEY I SPEND and you TAKE BUSINESS AWAY FROM ME!!!!

I ended up giving him information on who he can contact to request a change back to the old emails and to register his complaint...

In between his screaming like a 3 year old deprived of his favorite toy.

His best line though? "I just won't pay you guys and will get all the data from the public site anyway!" - OK, but it doesn't have all of the information, or any of the tax or deed information, or who to contact, or all of the pretty stuff that we have on the private site JUST FOR YOU so just pay your $100 every 3 months and LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!! Oh yeah, and if all the realtors leave our system, like you threaten, then there won't be any information on the public site because WHERE DO YOU THINK IT COMES FROM, MORON????

Ok, I didn't really say that. *sigh* But I wish.

But seriously... 12 hours? To pick out 5 houses? He wasn't looking at million dollar homes here or anything... just around $225,000-250,000 so give me a break!!
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Maybe he meant Minutes instead of Hours.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      Maybe he meant Minutes instead of Hours.

No, he meant hours. He said it enough times while screaming into my ear.
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

what a moron!

I guess he's not yet realized how easy it is to search for homes on internet and the fact that his clients couldn't care less about doing it themselves and contacted him in the first place.

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
          what a moron!

I guess he's not yet realized how easy it is to search for homes on internet and the fact that his clients couldn't care less about doing it themselves and contacted him in the first place.
          Yeah... or that his clients are already smart enough to 1) Let him do the work for them, and 2) realize that he has access to things that they don't... just 'cause it's out for the public to see doesn't mean that it's complete information!

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
            No, he meant hours. He said it enough times while screaming into my ear.
            You're forgetting SC Time Inflation. He says hours meaning minutes, or maybe even seconds.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
              Yeah... or that his clients are already smart enough to 1) Let him do the work for them, and 2) realize that he has access to things that they don't... just 'cause it's out for the public to see doesn't mean that it's complete information!
              Exactly, I could possibly see him worried about future clients but clients who have already asked him to do this for them, he obviously (at least to you and me) should not be worried about.

Or maybe he's worried that if they see the public site they'll find someone who has a brain.

Comment

it's surprising he even HAS clients if he carries on like THAT when he doesn't get his way.

Comment

Working...
                X