This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the lights off?

So we had yet another power outage at work yesterday - one lasting about 2 hours. Obviously, we can't do business when the power is out - our registers will run for about 20 minutes on battery backups (and we can't take debit while the power is out), but after that, our generator only powers a few lights, emergency exit signs, the electric doors, and the computers in the cash office. Why the cash office PC's (but not the lights!) get power is beyond me.

We closed all the doors and put up signs saying "Closed due to power outage", but we had to leave them unlocked since our baggers were outside rounding up carts. Apparently a genius pushed a door open anyway (sliding doors).

SC: "Why are the lights off?"
    Me: "The power is out and the store is closed, how did you get in here?"
    SC: "I pushed that door open, it wouldn't open for me"
    Me: "Right, because the store is closed"
    SC: "So all the registers are out of service?"
    Me: "The power is out, they need electricity to run.. we have no electricity."
    SC: "Oh, will you give me some coupons?"
    Me: "I'm going to have to ask you to leave"

She seriously asked for coupons. And seriously.. the entire friggin block was out, including the traffic lights in front of the store. The parking lot was empty. Every door had a "Closed" sign on it. The store was *DARK*, no registers were on (their battery backups had died long ago), and there were employees walking around with flashlights. What more do you need?

Some people are just that dense. When I closed the gas station at night, it was literally pitch black inside the store, except for my little night light so that I could do my paperwork and count down my drawer.

And people still kept pulling up and reefing on the doors. Maybe to them, the store was fully illuminated and there was a huge neon OPEN light....
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ah, the doors are locked the lights are off and still they have to shop. NOW!!!!
      Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Some people are just that dense. When I closed the gas station at night, it was literally pitch black inside the store, except for my little night light so that I could do my paperwork and count down my drawer.

And people still kept pulling up and reefing on the doors. Maybe to them, the store was fully illuminated and there was a huge neon OPEN light....

Sorry had to laugh. We had a 24 hour service station down th road from us when I lived in the UK. They used to close the doors for security reasons from 1am but the buggers used to hide from us in the office when we went down and even though they had the light on and were hiding behind the door they would yell at us 'we are hiding from you! Go away!' and waving at us from behind the door. All we wanted was some smokes and you are meant to be 24 hours and your are here with the lights on talking to us FFS
        Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Working...
        X