X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
    Gave her four months free service...
    CREDITED her an additional two months service...
    Moved her install up to priority same day...
    And gave her free premium channels.
    Holy COW.

Now that's something I'd up and quit my job over, out of protest.

Comment

Quoth Mango View Post
      Holy COW.

Now that's something I'd up and quit my job over, out of protest.
      Damn right. That's a textbook example of "I don't get paid enough to put up with that kind of $ยตยง% !"
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Oh. My. God.

I just....................I mean............................it's.............. .........

(Holy shit, I think I've been rendered speechless!)

*pop* fiszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................I think my brain has gone off line. That's the second time this month!

*FOJK will return later after technical assistance*
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Woah there!

Hang on a minute.

If they're not paying for it then they're not receiving a bill.

How then do they receive their credit, surely <cable company> won't be sending them a cheque...?
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

This supervisor sounds a lot like our library director. If one of our staff were to get beaten to a pulp by some kid who couldn't check his MySpace, it wouldn't surprise me if the library director bailed the kid outta jail.

I really hate spineless supervisors. -_-
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call โ€œcompassionโ€. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

And this ladies and gents is why my cable bill just went up... you know, there are several consumer advocates saying get rid of these lowlifes and do business with your actual customers.. why aren't companies doing that yet... oh yeah, because spinless managers think "the customer is always right".

Though somewhat OT... I think it's interesting, when my mother moved into her house (18 years ago) she went to sign up for cable the first month she lived there and the cable company told her that sense she had been stealing cable for the last 5 years she couldn't sign up... she was quite amused considering she had lived in a different state that didn't even have the same cable company, making it quite impossible for her to be stealing (apparently they thought she was the previous owners wife, just changing her name to get another hook-up to steal again)
              ... kinda sad, we've gone from proving you aren't a theif, to rewarding you after admitting you are a theif... and then they wonder why the cost of business is so high
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hang on a minute.

If they're not paying for it then they're not receiving a bill.

How then do they receive their credit, surely <cable company> won't be sending them a cheque...?
                From what I understand (and I heard all this second hand from the CoWorker who dealt with it and those who overheard the entire scenario in our dept) the Supe moved their scheduled install appointment up to same day priority, then ADDED on a discount deal which gives the four months of said service for free...then added a CREDIT to their account for what they would pay for the first two months AFTER that...in essence giving them another two months free. We won't send her a check, but the credit will automatically negate the charge when it appears on her bill.

I'd love to report them as well but as I said, I heard all this second hand...was really ambushed by it when I came into work yesterday. I can't report something I wasn't involved in first hand, alas.
                My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

You mean all those ads on TV showing how you will go to jail if you steal cable were wrong? Wow!
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                    You mean all those ads on TV showing how you will go to jail if you steal cable were wrong? Wow!
                    Indeed; now how do I go about splicing a cable and running it under the Atlantic?
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      Indeed; now how do I go about splicing a cable and running it under the Atlantic?
                      Well, I know a guy who owns a lot of transatlantic fiber. Cool old guy that was always in McDs when I worked there in the mornings years ago. Owns a Scottish castle. I think an arrangement could be made, but it would be cheaper to just pay for cable for the rest of your life.
                      Last edited by JustADude; 08-07-2008, 08:52 AM.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                      X