Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless he was literally about to black out, he can go outside and have his snack.

I used to car pool to Girl Scouts with a girl who was diabetic. She always had a snack in the car...always crackers and juice.

Oh, and where I live, soda is soda, Coke is Coke, and Pepsi is...well, avoided, if possible
    I like Stewart's Cherries and Cream soda. Yum.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

one of my coworkers husbands was a newly diagnosed diabetic

instead of changing his diet, he injects at least 5 times a day

his wife, my coworker INSISTED that diabetics do not have to change their diet... it drove me insane!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post
        She was whining about how horrible diabetes was and that she couldn't work, nobody with diabetes could.
        Really? Bret Michaels would disagree, I'm sure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Michaels Diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 6; is now 45.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

his wife, my coworker INSISTED that diabetics do not have to change their diet... it drove me insane!
          Don't worry, when the surgeons start cutting off his gangrenous feet they'll perhaps change their tune...
          *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
          *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
            She recommends glucose tablets
            I have those. They're like GIANT sweetarts, but they taste better.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

My dad has diabetes and drinks regular coke. Often. He also eats a lot of sugar and he's been doing fine for the 25+ years he's been dealing with it.

It's called Pop where I'm from, and aspartame makes me jumpy.

Comment

Stuff like this makes me sick.My husband has been diabetes since the age of 14.He work 40 hours a week,excerises,and lives a normal life. I've seen people who I work with that weighs all of 500 pounds that complain about they are having to go on disabilty because they are so sick. All the while eating burger king. My husband has lost 75 pounds in two years and hes diabetes has never been better. I pack him little snacks like those cheese wheat crackers and peanut butter wheat crackers.That way he can stick one in his mouth while at his desk without upseting coworkers or in a meeting. Yes you have a disease but it gives you no right to be a jerk or bother other people.

Comment

I use both 'coke' and 'soda' (and always have, I refuse to allow the Midwest to strip away my Southern vocabulary!)

Now I could understand if he were a new student, and not used to the rules of that particular library (at 3 universities now, and all have allowed soda and snacks). But he was still a jerk about it.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                  X