Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did she really expect to get away with it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did she really expect to get away with it?

I dunno if this past weekend was the lets all rob T***** blind weekend, but we had a rash of shoplifters this weekend. One of them however was rather memorable.

Sometime late Saturday evening, we had a lady come in and put four plastic tubs in he cart. You know, those storage bins that can carry 55 quarts or gallons or whatever? Well she started wandering around the store and just dumped stuff into them. AP caught onto her quickly but hung back and watched to see just haow much this chick would try and swipe. She made her way through Domestics, Health and beauty, Womens and a little of Mens before deciding she'd had enough. This chick didn't even bother trying to pay for the bins, which would have been impossible anyways as the lids were litteraly bulging in the center. She just trundled out the door and was propmtly nabed by AP.

Total amount she tried to steal $2,750 and some odd bucks and change. The report on the items alone was 40+ pages alone. AP was there until 12:30 am working because of this lady. (We close at 10)

I had to wonder, just what kinda balls did this lady have to think she was going to get away with that?

*EDIT-removed reference to woman's size as it was irrelevant. Fixed total amount of theft. ~Ree
    Last edited by Ree; 10-02-2006, 09:07 PM. Reason: As explained in post
    "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

err, how much did she try to steal? is the 2 included?
    but wow.. what balls on her indeed!
    i bet its enough to be a higher charge than simply shoplifting, if not then it should be!

Comment

I think that would be Grand Theft, but someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Geez, what cajones.
      Last edited by Ree; 10-02-2006, 09:07 PM.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Wow that's one special kind of stupid if she really thought that would work. "Gee, nobody will notice me just meandering out the door with this massive plastic box FULL Of merch I didn't pay for! They surely don't have security who pays attention to me blantantly filling these boxes as I wander throughtout the store!" Seriously. I want to hear those thought processes. Or maybe I don't. Stupidity might be contagious, I don't want to risk it.
        I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Maybe she was on drugs?

Comment

Bah I don't know where that space and extra zero came from. Yes it was supposed to be 2,750.

Upon further talking with our undercover AP person, he thinks she is a heroin user. Her arms were covered with scabs and bruises and she kept trying to pick or scratch at them during the paperwork process.
            "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Comment

Same thing has happened at my store. In fact, it happened about a year ago. However, it took us a while to bust the thieves because we don't have LP at our store all the time and it took them a while to discover what was going on.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
                "Gee, nobody will notice me just meandering out the door with this massive plastic box FULL Of merch I didn't pay for! They surely don't have security who pays attention to me blantantly filling these boxes as I wander throughtout the store!"
                Well, you have to consider that there aren't employees watching every nook and cranny of the store, there might not be LP watching the cameras, there are blind spots out of camera view, the employees aren't always vigilant, and they can't stop or confront the bad guys even if they do catch them in the act.

Yes, it's a brazen thing to do, but sometimes it almost seems like a risk worth taking.
                Last edited by Ree; 10-02-2006, 09:09 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

I wonder how many times she's gotten away with this before she got caught...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Rosakala View Post
                    Upon further talking with our undercover AP person, he thinks she is a heroin user.
                    I thought heroin addicts were supposed to be rail thin? Guess she binges on the stuff.

*EDIT-Note, the woman's size is irelevant. ~Ree
                    Last edited by allniter; 03-16-2007, 12:05 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

And now I see how naieve I really am. You see, I buy 3 or 4 of these tubs about twice a year. Instead of getting a cart, i just throw the rest of my shopping in the tubs, and take it to the checkout and unload the tubs, then put the bags back in the tubs to go home. I had no idea that this is super-shoplifter™ behavior. I hope my Target doesn't think I am ripping them off.
                      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                        I hope my Target doesn't think I am ripping them off.
                        I wouldn't worry about it. Even if LP did think you were trying to pull something, they would have to give up once they saw you unloading everything at the register.
                        Last edited by Ree; 10-02-2006, 09:04 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Rosakala View Post
                          Upon further talking with our undercover AP person, he thinks she is a heroin user. Her arms were covered with scabs and bruises and she kept trying to pick or scratch at them during the paperwork process.
                          Yes, she was using he'ron. He'ron addicts have a tendancy to pick at scabs on thier hands. It's a dead giveaway.

She was probably to hopped up to care.
                          Last edited by Ree; 10-02-2006, 09:04 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Rosakala View Post
                            METH! METH!

It's possible that it was meth too. Meth mites - thinking your skin is crawling - is indicative of a meth user. Scratching, picking, bruising - I suppose it could happen with a heroin user, but it's more so in a meth user.

Unfortunately, I have first hand experience with said substance.

(been clean since 1/29/05)
                            Last edited by Ree; 10-02-2006, 09:03 PM. Reason: added some back story(friendofjimmyk )(Excessive quoting~Ree)
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
                              I thought heroin addicts were supposed to be rail thin? Guess she bings on the stuff.
                              Drugs effect people differently. I have known people who were strung out on Meth, Heroin, Crack and they would gain weight rather than lose it. Or their weight wouldn't change at all.
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X