Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This isn't how you run a business, young lady!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't how you run a business, young lady!

This one was witnessed and not personally experienced (thankfully as I did at one point apply to this place). I live near a second run theater. The movies they play are about a month or so old and on tuesdays it literally costs 99 cents to see a movie there. Being that this is unheard of today and that the theater happens to be located both near a pre-school and a retirement community, they get a lot of clientle, particularly from the elderly and (during the summer at least) families with young children. I was there last week taking my younger sister to see Kung Fu Panda when a disgruntled old woman decides to hold up the line in an attempt to get her so clearly stolen money back:

M = Manager
    SC = Sucky Customer

SC: I demand my $2 back!
    M: All of the movies currently playing are over halfway over. We can't refund you at this point.
    SC: It's not my fault! You switched the film on me! You wasted 40 minutes of my time with the wrong movie!
    M: I can assure you we didn't switch the film on you. You must have been in the wrong theater.
    SC: I demand to speak to the manager!
    M: I am the manager.
    SC: Well, this isn't how you run a business, young lady!

Around this point another employee came out to take over the ticket line. I can't say I know if she ever got her $2 back, but one would think that 40 minutes should be more than ample amount of time to realize you're watching the wrong movie.

It's ridiculous how much time and effort some people will put into getting the most insignificant amounts of money back
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I wonder what she thought she was watching?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Too lazy to read the movie's plot synopsis was she?

I once entered the wrong theatre, but I figured it out pretty quickly. Pretty difficult to mistake a movie set in ancient Rome for a sci-fi movie set in the future.

Then again considering how bad the movie was, I was better off in the wrong theatre
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
          Too lazy to read the movie's plot synopsis was she?
          How 'bout reading the opening credits?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            How 'bout reading the opening credits?
            Or the sign/marquee at the entrance and exit of theater room....
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You do realize that customers won't read a thing...unless "FREE" is somewhere on it. Even then they have trouble...
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"Sale" or "Discount" may or may not catch their attention, too. Not their full attention, though.
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  You do realize that customers won't read a thing...unless "FREE" is somewhere on it. Even then they have trouble...
                  So I guess the SCs sneaking in to see Free Willy were really disappointed?

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth RadicaLElly View Post
                    SC: Well, this isn't how you run a business, young lady!
                    "It's how I run this one..."

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post

I think ANYBODY going to see Free Willy would be disappointed
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post

Or a movie that shows Morgan FREEman is in it?

Comment

Working...
                        X