X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beautiful combination of sucky and brain burpy

Maybe this is more brain-burpy than sucky...idk

I work in a supermarket. I finish ringing this man's order (mid to late 50s) and he asks me for a green bag (the green cloth bags we sell).

ME: Oh, we don't have those at the register. They're in front of register 10 [express line, I'm near the other end of the registers].
    SC: So I can only get them if I'm at register 10?
    ME: No, they're on a stand located in front of register 10.
    SC: So I have to go over there to get one?
    ME: Yes.
    SC: Well then what? I gotta pay the guy don't I?
    ME: Yeah...just go into any open register to pay for it. You can leave your carriage here and I'll watch it for you.

The sucky customer gets his bag, and instead of just going into the express line to pay for it (which has like no one in it), goes through an empty line, then walks up to my register, watching me as I'm in the middle of ringing another customer's HUUGEE order. He keeps standing there staring at me, so I figure he didn't pay for the bag, and instead is expecting me to stop the order I'm currently ringing to ring up his bag.

ME: It would probably be faster just to pay for that in express. I'm in the middle of a huge order.
    SC: Well maybe it would be faster to just leave it here!

And he throws it onto the register behind me, gets his carriage, and walks off.

Now you know what happens when you try to be nice to dumbasses.

Comment

I've never heard of a cart being called a carriage. I've had people call them buggy's. You meant a cart right...? I'm not being rude or anything I'm just really curious.

And what a jerk.

Comment

What an asshat.

Comment

What I'm wondering is why didn't he run over to register 10, grab the bag(s) then pay for them at your register with the rest of his things?

Or was that the brain burpy part?
          Sorry, I'm running on very little sleep here.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
            What I'm wondering is why didn't he run over to register 10, grab the bag(s) then pay for them at your register with the rest of his things?
            cause then he wouldn't be an sc, duh
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth dbblsanta View Post
              ME: It would probably be faster just to pay for that in express. I'm in the middle of a huge order.
              SC: Well maybe it would be faster to just leave it here!

And he throws it onto the register behind me, gets his carriage, and walks off.
              Maybe it would have been faster for him if he didn't think he was entitled to butt ahead of everyone else!

Comment

I live in Rhode Island, in the United States. Here we call them carriages I guess. It's not unheard of to hear them called carts, though. I've never heard "buggy" (sounds British to me).

All the registers are stocked with plastic bags (which cost 10 cents each, because we're a discount grocery store -- we also don't hire baggers). The guy must have thought that in addition to the 10-cent plastic bags, all the registers also had the 99-cent cloth bags. An innocent mistake.

The cloth bags are located on a stand in front of register 10 (or, more accurately, where aisle 2 ends in the front of the store).

I was done with his order, asked him if he wanted any [plastic] bags. He wanted a cloth one. I pointed him to where the cloth bags were located. I couldn't just add the cloth bag to his order unless I had it in my hand to scan it. He had to go to the stand where the bags are located, get a bag, and have it rung up.

Instead of just grabbing the bag, going through express, paying the 99 cents, then reclaiming his carriage and go on his merry way, he grabbed the bag, went to MY line, saw me ringing a huge order for another person and expect me to stop what I was doing to somehow suspend the other customer's order, ring his bag up, then go back to ringing up the other customer's order (which I can't do).

And he could have run all the way to the other end of the store, then run all the way back to my line on the opposite end of the store to add it to his order before paying and me going on to the next customer, but he didn't seem like a runner, and there was kind of a long line with lots of big orders. The clear, common-sense solution would be to leave the carriage near my register (where I would keep an eye on it), get the bag, pay for it in the line-free register right next to where the cloth bags are displayed, then reclaim his carriage and leave.
                Last edited by dbblsanta; 08-07-2008, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X