X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth portia911 View Post
    Technology is a bitch huh. Every 10 years they bring out something new
    ITA. This bugs the crap out of me. I'm not tech-savvy, and learning new stuff is really difficult for me.

Comment

Even money says he was listening to an 8-track when he pulled up into the lot.

Comment

Not only can't you buy VHS any more, you cant even order them anymore from the warehouse. The only way to get VHS now is used or on auction sites. I have people come in all the time looking for movies on VHS, we pulled all ours off the shelves about a year ago.
        We have around 100 left and are selling them for 2$.
        How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Over here in the UK video seems to still be the medium used for recording TV, although DVD recorders are becoming more prevalent. A new VCR will cost £30 while a DVD recorder is around £100.

But you can't buy video movies (except at charity shops etc).

I have a DVD player, VCR, and a stereo incorporating cassette player, record player and CD player. I have media for all 5.

In my car I have a cassette player, never had a car with a CD player.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Uh, Edible_Hat, do you regularly take a turntable jogging with you?

nah, Edisson cylinders all the way! Although nothing beats the completely undistorted sound of loading an entire band into a trailer and pulling them behind you.

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post
              Little-known fact little worth knowing:

The last movie released on VHS was "A History of Violence" in 2006.
              Thank you for that bit of trivia. I'll actually be able to use it to nudge my older customers into getting DVD and BluRay players.

"Do you have VHS movies?"
              "Nope, they quit making them in 2006."

The dollar stores are about the only place you can find them now, anyways. I think we quit carrying VHS movies company-wide in 2002 or 2003. You can still buy blank tapes, though.
              Last edited by Mike Taylor; 08-12-2008, 06:35 AM.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Music Mo-Gal View Post
                ITA. This bugs the crap out of me. I'm not tech-savvy, and learning new stuff is really difficult for me.
                Adapt or die!

...of boredom.

It's mental Darwinism!
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I blame it on George Lucas not releasing the original trilogy "normal edition" on DVD. And here we all thought he wanted to milk the franchise to the fullest.

I still have quite a few animes on VHS. My first big anime purchase was a VHS box set of Saber Marionette J, which I traditionally haul out on New Year's and watch with a bottle (or two) of mead. Epic lulz there. I still buy VHS anime (mainly at half price books), if I can find the subbed versions.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                  X