This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ree View Post
    What I would have done in that case was take all the information manually, with a phone number, and called the customer back as soon as the system came back online.
    I do that when our system is down because it's generally only down for 10 minutes to an hour. Though once it was down for nearly a week (due to flooding in Omaha ealier this year).

That was fun. /sarcasm.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Major suckage on the customer's part. I can't believe that asshat actually had the balls to suggest you move another guest just so he can have a specific property. If it was that important, then he should have called back sooner.

Comment

I'm with auntiem and peppergirl too. If I had been asked to move I probably would have done it but I would not be impressed with the company and most likely would not return.

People keep saying that it's not customer A's fault about the booking. Correct, but neither is it customer B's fault. I don't know, maybe this was just a lose-lose situation or maybe customer B really was ok with it. We'll never know.

Some of you keep citing good customer service on Pam's part; however, I think it is extremely nervy to ask a customer who has already booked and paid to change. You're basically telling one customer that they're not as valued as another. I wouldn't have the guts to even try it.
        My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Exactly, flybye. By asking guest B to move, you're making the hotel look bad and pissing off another guest. It isn't right and should not be considered good customer service.

Comment

Working...
          X