This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a mind reader

Usually if I have to call an 800 number, I assume I'm calling a call center of sorts.

Our customers don't have a freaking clue.

As I've mentioned we're silent partners for at least 20-30 banks as well as their partners.

Here are a few stories that had me ready to pull my hair out:

F as in FOXTROT
    Usually when we get calls the caller ID tells us which bank they are calling for support from. But if somone doesn't pick up the line they were calling it comes to us as "RONA" as "Roll over no answer" but that doesn't tell us which place they were calling first. Those are a pain in the butt.

SC: yeah, is Joe S there?
    Me: Do you have a last name?
    SC: No, IT'S JOE S! He works there, do you not know him?
    Me: I don't see an extension for Joe S.
    SC: It's Joe F as in FOXTROT!
    Me: There's no Joe F as in Foxtrot either.
    SC: Well I talked to him two years ago, he was the one who helped me get a lease for a extraterrestial spaceship shaped like a Dalek that I used to harvest the seeds from a banana without breaking the peel.* Now you listen to me and find him.
    Me: He's not listed here, but I'll transfer you to someone in the sales department.
    SC: *long exaggerated sigh* It's about time.

*Obviously not the exact item, but he was rattling off this machine like he was an auctioneer and I had no freaking clue what the machine was.

She's been there forever!

SC: Is Sue Smith there?
    Me: Let me see if I can find her extention. I'm sorry, she's not listed in the directory.
    SC: Well does she work there?
    Me: I'm sorry I'm new here and haven't met everyone yet so I couldnt' tell you.
    SC: Oh, she's worked there forever.
    Me: I'm checking in another directory.
    SC: She's worked there for about 10 years, we used to email eachother on a regular basis.
    Me: When was the last time you talked to her?
    SC: Oh it's been years. She could have changed jobs, but she's been there forever.
    Me: Yeah I don't see her in the directory at all she most likely isn't working here any more.
    SC: Really? She's worked there for as long as I can remember. We used to email all the time.
    Me: When was the last time you got an email from her?
    SC: Oh, it's been a while.
    Me: A while - like a week or a month?
    SC: No, it's been a couple of years. I just sent her an email and it came back.
    Me: *head desk* Well then I can only assume that if your email bounced back and I can't find her in the directory that she is no longer working here.
    SC: Are you sure? She's worked there for forever...
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Well I worked in the bookstore forever but I don't anymore...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well let me see if I can find you in our directory then! I'm sure you're there!
      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Working...
      X