Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, the thing about him asking you to run it twice...it shows up on his credit report as declined...twice. Declined offers count against you on your credit rating. This I know.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Actually, in the bar, whenever I run a credit card and it comes back declined, I run it a second time. I have two reasons for this.

1. More often than not, it goes through the second time, and I don't have to deal with the awkward situation of telling someone their credit card was declined. And then having to deal with them being asshats if they are SCs. No muss, no fuss.

2. If it is declined both times, and I tell them it was declined, and they ask me to try it a second time....well, I save myself a trip, as I tell them I TRIED it twice. No way, Jose.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Actually, in the bar, whenever I run a credit card and it comes back declined, I run it a second time. I have two reasons for this.

1. More often than not, it goes through the second time, and I don't have to deal with the awkward situation of telling someone their credit card was declined. And then having to deal with them being asshats if they are SCs. No muss, no fuss.

2. If it is declined both times, and I tell them it was declined, and they ask me to try it a second time....well, I save myself a trip, as I tell them I TRIED it twice. No way, Jose.
        They were talking about running an application for a credit card, not charging to the card itself. I always run a card at least twice myself, too. Doesn't help that our equipment is crap and so I have to swipe it a half dozen times just to get it to read.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          They were talking about running an application for a credit card, not charging to the card itself.
          Have I mentioned the fact that I am not all that bright to begin with?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
            Perhaps you will find your credit card in Uranus at a later date.

LOL. Good thing I was not drinking when I read that! I am at my sister & brother in law's house right now & I'm sure they would not appreciate me ruining their new monitor!
            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
            X