This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are BLEEDING!

One of the local drunks ccame in today. When he gets up to me to pay I notice his pack of little cigars has blood on it and so does the dollar bill he laid down.

I yell no way man I am not touching that with your blood on it! He tells me oh its just a little blood! I tell him not to come back in if he is bleeding from any part of his body. I take a paper towel and pick the edge of the bill up and take it back and place it on the owners desk. Let him deal with it in the morning.

I look at the rack where the packs of little cigars are and theres 3 packs with blood on them. I again use a lot of paper towels and take them back to the owners desk. I used Clorox with bleach and a lot fo paper towels to clean the few spots on the counter. Its the only thing we have.

After a while me and my co-worker talked it over and we are going to tell this drunk he is no longer welcome in the store. This is the second time he has done somethign like this. The last time he came in with 100 unrolled pennies. I refused to take them and he stuck his tongue out and blew air and spit(A raspberry?) at me. It missed. He got banned a few days for that since it missed me. But was warned NOT to do stupid crap again.

Well, bleach is probably the best thing you could use for cleaning up a biohazard. So you did the right thing.
    "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Not quite the same thing, but I've had to deal with biohazard before, too. Recently (I think it was the first week of July), one of our regular customers was in the bank's lobby and realized he was bleeding. The stitches on the back of his upper arm, where he'd recently had skin cancer removed, were bleeding. He couldn't even see where it was. So I ran in back to get some paper towels and bandaids while a coworker cleaned up the few drops of blood in the lobby. I didn't want to remove the bandage that was already there, so I just added the bandaids to the side of the bandage that the blood was coming out of. As I'm doing this, he explains to me about the skin cancer and that he's on blood thinners, and so I suggest that he get it checked out right away. (It must have been ok, because he still comes into the bank, and he's ... not any worse.)
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
      X