This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cutting it in half with a mig welder
    WTF?!?! And the battery didn't go *BOOM*? Very Lucky Man!
    *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
    *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth PossJB View Post

I have an amazingly basic LG phone. I've dropped it into a puddle at least twice (fully submerged). The screws that hold the circuitry in place have come out. It's been dropped from varying heights onto concrete, tile, and asphalt more times than I can count, and the damn thing still works.
      Most my Nokias suffered similar abuse and worked quite well for many years. Some dropped on the sidewalk, any loose piece scattering all over the place. Fortunately, I managed to get every and each back and it still worked. The screen had but a scratch. I guess I'm still a little lucky when I run out of luck.
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I drive a Jeep Wrangler and lost a phone in the middle of an intersection. (Taught me not to leave it on the dash when the doors aren't on.) By the time I circled back, it had been run over a couple times. When I told the people at the phone store the story, the manager laughed his butt off and gave me a new phone. He says people will try to bullshit him about what really happened to broken phones, but he could tell by the looks of it that the damage fit my story. He replaced it because I didn't lie to him. Go figure.
        If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
        --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
          When I started my contract with my current provider, it was because my old phone got trashed. I tried arguing a bit with my old provider about a replacement, but I wasn't being a brat about it.

I knew that water damage wasn't covered, but it was such a freak accident I thought I'd give it a try.

You knew better but you thought you would try it anyway.
          Attention posters:
          We have a sucky customer here!

Comment

Quoth portia911 View Post

throwing it at your Dad*
            dropping it 4 storeys over your balcony
            sitting on it
            kicking it across the room
            spilling coffee tea on it
            using it at the beach
            *Don't have a boyfriend and I really did throw it at my Dad once.

I've done those things and the following:
            Dropped it in a parking lot and let it get rained on for 10 minutes.

Broke the screen by wearing the phone on my back pocket while I slid into the car, it caught on the seat, and pulled something loose, thus making the screen die. Did fix it, though.

Drip paint on it.

Dog drool/Dog laid on it.

Dropped it multiple times out of my pocket onto a concrete floor at work/Lowes/HomeDepot.

Threw it at Best Friend (he did catch it....the second time).
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
            X