This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    ……did you seriously just ask me if I would send you one shoe at a time?
    They weren't crimson flip-flops were they? 'Cause I think I know where the other one is. There's been one in the parking lot I drive through, just laying there, for the better part of two weeks.

Quoth Bagga View Post
    Aha, I found it. Nasty looking aminal, just right for making rugs with. (Relax, relax, I'm only kidding!)
    I find them rather cute and the puppies are just adorable!

Quoth sms001 View Post
    oops, gotta go. Waffles are done.
    Don't you mean wafflecones!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      Don't you mean wafflecones!
      Wafflecones are awesome!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Then we pulled up to Stadium, the doors opened…..and he began yelling “I’M NOBODY! I’M NOBOOOOOODY!” and fled the train in wide eyed terror.

Welcome to Vancouver.
        DUDE....

I had some SERIOUS deja-vu when I read that. I gotta know, did that guy look, say, 40-50-ish? Because dude, I SAW that guy... on the Skytrain... in 1994 (I'm assuming if it IS the same guy, he'd be older now, of course). Fortunately he wasn't hassling me, just some old lady with a foofy dog on her lap, and she looked ready to slap him with a haddock.. or maybe stab him with her umbrella by the time he got to the 'I'm NOBODY' bit. Which is exactly what he did at the Metrotown stop and vanished into the night.

Granted, Vancouver is the breeding ground for most of the loonies in North America (I should know, I was born there), but still... that's a hell of a coincidence.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

No, he was mid-30ish, skinny, looked like a methed up NASCAR fan. -.-

Comment

if Americans still have such trouble with the number 911... how do they call the police or an ambulance?

possibly bad joke aside...

Gk... what exactly is your job? you seem to be answering a lot of different things, from mail catalog orders to emergency lines for tourists...
            Rawr

Comment

And I hear Porsche is still doing brisk business with their "911" sports car...

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
                Gk... what exactly is your job? you seem to be answering a lot of different things, from mail catalog orders to emergency lines for tourists...
                We outsource call center resources to other companies. Basically you tell us what you need operators for and we'll train operators to do that for you and handle all your calls. Need tech support? We'll train people to support your product. Need an emergency line for security dispatches? Work crews? Cleaning up homicide scenes? Sure, give us a call. -.-

We are fabulously awesome at what we do, oddly enough.

Comment

We outsource call center resources to other companies. Basically you tell us what you need operators for and we'll train operators to do that for you and handle all your calls. Need tech support? We'll train people to support your product. Need an emergency line for security dispatches? Work crews? Cleaning up homicide scenes? Sure, give us a call. -.-

We are fabulously awesome at what we do, oddly enough.
                  They have outsource call centers down here as well - but typically people who work there take calls for a specific company until the contract ends and then move onto something else. Yours sounds more like you get an audible alert so you know what kind of call you are taking?

As for me, I'm fortunate to work in a call center where I'm working directly for the company, rather than being in an outsource center. It pays better.

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
                    As for me, I'm fortunate to work in a call center where I'm working directly for the company, rather than being in an outsource center. It pays better.
                    Basically yes. Call comes in and the software tells you what it is. Plus the accounts all have attached call handling info.

We pay pretty decently. We have too. ><

Comment

So exactly when is it lucky to buy lottery tickets?
                      In my experience, when you're trying to buy painkillers and you notice the chemist has a lottery counter, it's the biggest draw ever, and you happen to have the exact price of a ticket. I had 4 our of 6 numbers and won $1,200. (One more and it would have been $12,000, all six and it would have been $1.4 million. That doesn't sound big for a lottery draw but the 50-odd winners had to share it, and that's how much they got each.)

Comment

No, he was mid-30ish, skinny, looked like a methed up NASCAR fan. -.-
                        Heh. Not the same guy then. But that is so very, very weird. I like Halifax's weirdoes, they're usually not quite as scary.
                        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

SC: “No, we don’t know the area code….I guess we’ll have to call back later.”
                          Had a slightly similar conversation last night. We require phone numbers anytime anyone rents a dvd from us. Home number and cabin number. I get one group last night who gave me their home phone number and would call me back with the cabin number.

the blissfully ignorant:"Yeah, we were in an hour ago and rented a dvd?"
                          Me: "Yes" (as I grab the sheet to input the number)
                          the blissfully ignorant: "Um, do you have caller id?"
                          Me: "Yes..."
                          the blissfully ignorant: "What's my phone number?"
                          Me:

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                          ~Clerks

Comment

Working...
                          X