This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're closed? I'll call the cops!

One of the admin asked about this story, and I thought I'd best relate it. It's strange and silly all at the same time.

It was one of the few casual days we had. Meaning I was in my shirt reading either "There is definately something wrong with me" or the one with "Stop Following Me" written in red on the back. That, and a pair of beat up jeans and some tennis shoes. All in all, I did not look like management at all. The store closed early, some holiday or something, I really forget why. So, here it was, close to our regular closing time and I was still in there. Why? Well, once every so often we had to do the layways on hand, returned, and late. It took about three hours to print, give or take. Most of the time spent with me dozing in the office.

As I sat there, I remembered something I needed from a register up front. One of those that didn't have any money in it, but still were kept open. So, Wandering up that way, I hear a light peck on the door.

Looking up, I see this lady looking back at me. "I want to come shop!" she says and then looks at her watch. "You're not supposed to be closed today!" blinking some I ah and point to this big sign saying we're closed the next day and would close early today. "Sorry, can't help you."

"Open this MF DOOR! I want to shop. YOu can't keep me out here!" she says, starting to rant. "Lady." I said calmly. "Do you really think I'm going to open that door with you yelling at me?" I asked, to which she responded. "HELL YES!" Ok, that's a thought I never expected. Shaking my head, I said to her. "Well, you thought wrong. Bye now." Picking up the empty drawer, I headed back into the office to wait out my printing.

About ten minutes later, I look up to see a ton of lights and hear a siren. Now, given where the store was located, this wasn't an uncommon thing. Looking out, Imagine my shock to see a police officer standing talking to the bat, and then hear him knock on the door. Coming out front, he asks me to step outside. "Ok." I said, and did so, making sure to lock the door behind me and even turn on the alarm (strange policy, given I was right there.) "What can I do for you officer?"

Well, the man blinks some and then looks at me. "You work here?" he asks, to which I respond. "Yeah. Management. Why?" "Oh." Is all he says and then looks at the store. "Closed early?" he asks. "Yeah, some stupid holiday tomarrow. I'm only here cause I've got to print some paperwork." All the while the officer keeps looking at me and then sighs. He turns, wanders over to the lady, says something to her and she FINALLY leaves.

I asked him what he said, and he related that he had informed her that she could be arrested for filing a false statement. It seems, that she, when I wouldn't let her in to shop, had decided I was robbing the store and she needed to report it. Or, at least that's what he said. Personally (he added this) he thought she had done it just to spite me.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

roflmfao....people today...all because you said you were supposed to be closed early for a holiday. That must be the new way customers throw thier tantrums if they don't get thier way when the store is closed. call the cops. funny.
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Wow thats almost equal to the woman calling 911 after BK wouldnt make her burger correctly.....

see what kind of entitlement customers are lead into believing they have these days... ugh gag me with a spoon
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"she could be arrested"

Why in the hell WASN'T she?! That's precisely what she did, file a false report. Is it really possible she didn't think you worked there and even if that were the case, why would she ask a potential thief to let her in the store?

Man that woman is about 5 1/2 cans short of a six-pack.

Comment

Kinda makes you wonder what she would have wanted you arrested for after the police officer found out that you actually worked there.

I know a lot of people accuse management of robbery, but they usually say this after they buy their stuff...
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

She wasn't hoping to have Repsac arrested. One of two possibilities exist:

1. She though that the cop would "make" Repsac open up and serve her. Because, you know, they have to be open.

2. [Infinitely stupider] She knew that the cop would get the door open. Nobody refuses a police officer with ID. Once the door is open, she could get in and shop! Hurrah!

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
              Man that woman is about 5 1/2 cans short of a six-pack.
              Funny. Heard one the other day that definitely applies here:

That lady is about as wrong as a football bat!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                She wasn't hoping to have Repsac arrested. One of two possibilities exist:

1. She though that the cop would "make" Repsac open up and serve her. Because, you know, they have to be open.

2. [Infinitely stupider] She knew that the cop would get the door open. Nobody refuses a police officer with ID. Once the door is open, she could get in and shop! Hurrah!
                Both of those are possible, cuz after all if Repsac was arrested, who would serve her?
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

That woman didn't think things out very well, did she?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    That woman didn't think things out very well, did she?
                    I firmly believe that when SCs think they burst into flames. The build up of rage you see in an SC is just the tempature starting to warm up to the point of combustion. This is how spontaneous combustion happens and why they find nothing but a pile of ash on the unscathed couch with a newspaper next to it afterwards. They accidently read one of the clues on today's crossword puzzle in the paper and that was the end of them.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                      The build up of rage you see in an SC is just the tempature starting to warm up to the point of combustion.
                      It's true. The friction of both of their brain cells hitting each other is what starts the chain of events-something like rubbing two sticks together.

True story: A kid on my bus was playing GameBoy, and we must have come to a tough part. He eyes narrowed, his brow furrowed, and he went up in flames. The bus driver calmly pulled over, put him out with a fire extinguisher, and put the remains in a box. The others on the bus didn't even pay attention to it. In fact, if you went around and asked them, they'd swear I made it up.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                        "Lady." I said calmly. "Do you really think I'm going to open that door with you yelling at me?" I asked, to which she responded. "HELL YES!" Ok, that's a thought I never expected.
                        Heh. After that point, anything was possible.
                        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                        X