This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Smell that Rug?

So, I'm working on the customer service desk today doing some returns, it was actually a good day, no SCs yet. that is until i had the smelly rug lady.

She came without a receipt and said she had gotten A MONTH AGO as a gift and she put it down in her house and now it started to smell. She then looks and me and says "can i go down into the housewears dept and smell all your rugs?" she was dead serious. I told her she could go smell them, and off she went. While she was gone (a good 20 minutes or so) another lady, with her receipt, had retuned a rug because it was too big size wise. The Smelly rug lady showed up again, "i smelt all the rugs down there, but none smell like mine, can i smell the one that lady just retuned?" That was the point where i couldn't keep a straight face anymore, as she took the retuned rug and buried her face in it.

Since she had the "smelly one" in the store she demanded a return. Our policy is with a receipt it will be the last sale price (in this case the rug regular $119.97 was on for $40.00) on a gift card. She looked at me like i had 10 heads, and left saying "$40.00 that's crazy...I'll just go home and vacuum it...and I'm never shopping here again" .

Quoth Cole View Post
    She looked at me like i had 10 heads, and left saying "$40.00 that's crazy...I'll just go home and vacuum it...and I'm never shopping here again" .
    Er.... Let me get this straight: $40 for the rug is crazy, yet she was sniffing all the rugs. Uh, anyone else see the irony here?
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So her rug smells funny after a month and vacuuming it is the SECOND thing she thinks of?

I'm really glad she wasn't trying to return a toilet.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
        I'm really glad she wasn't trying to return a toilet.
        ROTFLMAO. I love perverse potty humor!!
        Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Well, the rugs we get at my store do smell when they come out of the box.

They smell kind of like vinegar. Must be something in the rubber backing.

Not that I put my nose up to the box and take a big old whiff. It can be kind of a strong smell under the right conditions.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Er.... Let me get this straight: $40 for the rug is crazy, yet she was sniffing all the rugs. Uh, anyone else see the irony here?
            Depends on how they attached the fabric to the backing. If there was any glue involved, no....

Comment

Glue is not so potent. you have to capture the vapours from a freshly opened can in a bag or similar and breathe them... Old glue will not have the same effect.
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

HEY-OH! Last time I asked a girl that I got slapped! BA-ZING!

Comment

Quoth Blinky View Post
                  HEY-OH! Last time I asked a girl that I got slapped! BA-ZING!

Dear lord!

Wear is this carpet-sniffing thread headed?
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Did the second customer return the rug have a kind of look on her face during the viewing of rug fiber inhalation?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      Dear lord!

Wear is this carpet-sniffing thread headed?
                      Apparently, from replies like that, South of the Border.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X