Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Although I've never killed a man, I've read some obituaries with great delight." is how I've heard it.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      Do I feel glad, not really; do I feel any satisfaction, not at all a man has died but I do feel that his actions (he was a generally violent person) led to his early demise.
      Well said. That guy was responsible for his own destruction.

Reminds me of one of my elementary-school classmates. This guy, was an arrogant bastard when I knew him. He always thought he was better and smarter than everyone else. For years, he always listed one of his goals as becoming president of the US. In fact, it was in his nickname...which ran for (I kid you not) a freaking paragraph Anyway, for some reason, I was a favorite target of his abuse. Even so, I didn't *hate* the guy, I just hated some of the crap he did.

Little did I know that he'd find himself in jail roughly 15 years later. Keep in mind that I hadn't seen "Ron" since about 1993 or so. What did he do, you ask? Well, it seems Ron, who has since become an attorney, thought of himself as a super-genius...and decided to rip off one of his clients.

To the tune of $150,000 His downfall? Simple, he was too greedy for his own good. He got caught, after he tried to falsify some bank records. So, not only did he get indicted (he's in jail now), but he lost his job (not to mention getting disbarred), destroyed his reputation, along with his career.

Making a joke at his expense would be payback enough. Karma's already taken him down further, faster, and harder than I ever could. Let me stress one thing, am I glad to see this? Not at all--I didn't hate the guy, just most of the crap he did. This had been building for years. Sooner or later, it was going to catch up with him. It's a shame that it had to come to this, but he had it coming.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
        I don't think your post is upsetting.
        Perhas not, but I'd rather give people the heads up first.

Quoth Automan Empire View Post
        His shoplifting was probably to pay for his addiction.
        I do believe it was, but he'd only taken 2 or 3 sale (£8) CDs...

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
        Was he arrested in that incident with you crazylegs?
        He was, charged, pleaded guilty and I belive he spent some time inside for it.

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
        Crazy Legs: Props to you for hearing this and just going on about your business. .
        I'm certainly not going to mourn him, but on the other hand I'm not going to waste my time nor expend any energy on him with the flip side.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
        X