This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the old man and me

This customer is an an older man and he's usually slightly annoying in very small ways that have added up over time into a general feeling of dislike and negativity toward him. Its gotten to the point where I see him coming and I have to take a deep breath for patience and think "serenity now. serenity now" so that I am able to still smile at him. I try to be nice to old people but they make it so goddamn hard sometimes.
    Yesterday:

SC: "You again. Dont you ever get a day off?"
    Me: "Hehe, yep, weekends are mine. I do need to work full time now though."
    SC: "A young lady like you, you should be working at a clothing store or something instead of a shipping company."
    Me: ....*smile as I finish his transaction* "Your total is $34.2 - "
    SC: "I don't need to hear you talk so much. Just swipe my card and be quiet."
    Me:

as I hand him a small pen to sign his credit card slip:

SC: "What happened to the rest of your pen?"
    Me: **polite chuckle at this halarious witticism**
    SC: "Why are you laughing?"
    Me: "I'm sorry, I thought you were kidding around."
    SC: **stares**
    Me: "Because its a small pen."
    SC: "I can barely hold the damn thing. This is a midget pen. Do I look like a midget?"
    Me: "Um, no."
    SC: "Christ. Where is your sense of humor?"

If by sense of humor you mean a profound appriciation for sexist and bigoted comments thrown at me in such a way it sounds as if it might pass for some pathetic shriveled form of old man humor, I was never born with one and if I had been I assure you you would have suceeded it killing it by now.

When do old people lose their sense of self awareness? He seems otherwise perfectly lucid. How can you not be aware of the fact your stupid jokes are pissing someone off?

Just a little tip....NEVER think "Serenity now!".....I prefer "Hoochie Mama!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Whenever I've dealt with mean and/or annoying older SCs, I didn't think "serenity now" I always thought "dead soon". :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I don't know if the issue is so much him being old as it is him just being an asshole. Now he's an old asshole.
        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Whenever I've dealt with mean and/or annoying older SCs, I didn't think "serenity now" I always thought "dead soon". :-)
          LOL! I always picture Sarah Silverman singer "You're gonna die soon".

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
            SC: "I can barely hold the damn thing. This is a midget pen. Do I look like a midget?"
            *glances to groin level* "I didn't dare to presume, sir."

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X