Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you Ever Wished you Could tell Them This?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you Ever Wished you Could tell Them This?

Have any of you ever wished that you could just tell your SCs something along the lines of "Congratulations! Your utter douchebaggery has earned you a thread on the internet, namely customerssuck.com, so now the whole cyber world can make fun of your asshattery at your expense!" right after their SC tantrum?

Trust me, I've fantasized about telling them just that so many times it's not even funny.

What about you guys?
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Mo, but I didn't even know about the site until a month ago.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

There have been many times I wanted to tell SCs, "Smile! You're on candid Camera" but I never quite had the heart to do it.

Most of the people I've written about here were researchers who worked in my library over the years. They were often sincere people who really wanted to learn but didn't have a clue how to do it.

I had people who were in honors courses at University who didn't know how to work the index in a book.

Back in the old days when a 286 was the best machine we had and our printer was a daisy-wheel. I had a young man who rattled off a list of topics he needed to research and asked me for his print-out.

ME: We can't provide print-outs. You'll have to look for material you want in the card catalog.

HIM: YOU MEAN I'M GONNA HAFFTA READ BOOKS?

ME: Well, yes. This is a Library.

There was a group of 13 year-olds who came into the Library with their teacher for a morning's lesson on research. At that time, unless they came in with citations, the only way kids could find what they wanted was in the subject catalog. We sat the students down with the appropriate drawers for their topics. The girls did well and we found the information they needed quite quickly. Some of the boys didn't do so well.

A young man researching weapons (Why am I not surprised) shoved the card catalog drawer at me and said, "I want the first five." Here is what happened after that

Young kid = YK

Me = Your Helpful Librarian but also somewhat tharn

Me "All right, the first four citations you presented are in German. The fifth is in Japanese. Can you read either of those languages?"

YK "Nope"

Me "Well, wouldn't it be a better idea to find stuff you can actually read?

YK "This is all whack! I hate this class. I wanted to learn about warriors and stuff but this is too much work. Can't ya give me good stuff on weapons and that kinda thing without me doin' a lot of borin' work"

Sorry, Kid. That ain't gonna happen here.
      Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
        Can't ya give me good stuff on weapons and that kinda thing without me doin' a lot of borin' work"
        Clearly our wayward lad missed the point of school

I know some of my fellow classmates in college who have been just as lazy though.

On Topic: I don't think I ever have thought of saying something like this to a customer. I could see one of two results. Either they become more of an asshat than they already and and scream at you for "threatening" them OR they realize what a douchenozzle they are being and shut up.

Comment

Maybe as a bystander. I've considered butting in and saying "Hey, have either of you ever heard of customers suck dot com??" with an 'innocent' look on my face. I have mentioned the site to someone after the prunefaced harpy has left the store.
          Last edited by Foxglove8778; 08-15-2008, 01:54 AM. Reason: removal of extraneous "e"
          Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Working...
          X