X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this bun?

Relayed to me via a buddy on the docks.

One of my friends works in the snackbar on the boat who'se name rhymes with Beagle. They serve hot dogs, and they use the new england split top style of bun.

SC-duh
    A-duh

SC: Why is this hotdog bun shaped like a bread?
    A: its the new england style sir.
    SC: I can't eat that, it looks too much like a loaf of bread.
    A: So you wont be getting a hot dog?
    SC: Hell no.
    A: Alright.

more of a WTF than a sc.
    Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

what? if its not split in the top where would it be split then?....

I am very confused, then again anyone from chicago would yell at me for putting ketchup on my hot dog too, so meh (I hate mustard period so ) so a hot dog master I am not...
    http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

mmmmmmm mustard, relishes, sweet mustard, and a tiny bit of ketcup......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
      i need a food momment

Comment

Quoth StormCMage View Post

I am very confused, then again anyone from chicago would yell at me for putting ketchup on my hot dog too, so meh (I hate mustard period so ) so a hot dog master I am not...
        I'm from Canada, and encountered this type of bun for the first time when visiting friends in New Hampshire last year. It was different, but didn't distract from the taste or anything at all. Kind of looks like a very thick slice of bread sliced down the middle.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
          I'm from Canada, and encountered this type of bun for the first time when visiting friends in New Hampshire last year. It was different, but didn't distract from the taste or anything at all. Kind of looks like a very thick slice of bread sliced down the middle.
          In fact, in New England, you CAN'T get the other style of hot dog bun. I tried when I was living there.
          DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post

oh THOSE buns, sorry its just last time a checked most buns did open on the top in general, but now I get it, but I like those buns, what the hell was that guy's problem (besides it could be worse, it could be in a hamburger bun or maybe on a rolled up slice of bread XD)

Comment

Most store bought hot dog buns come split down the side, like a hoagie bun... Of course, I hear the original hot dog stand on Coney Island cuts through the top of the bun to serve their hot dogs, but they also refuse to stock ketchup as a condiment. Anything else is fair game, but ketchup is no.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                Most store bought hot dog buns come split down the side, like a hoagie bun... Of course, I hear the original hot dog stand on Coney Island cuts through the top of the bun to serve their hot dogs, but they also refuse to stock ketchup as a condiment. Anything else is fair game, but ketchup is no.
                blasphamy, ketchup is the best thing for a dog

joking aside, why be so anal about food, people like different things so who cares if someone likes jelly on a burger or something like that...

I partly blame reginal pride for this sc honestly, that is where most of these food bore issues come from for things like hot dogs and pizza

Comment

I partly blame reginal pride for this sc honestly, that is where most of these food bore issues come from for things like hot dogs and pizza
                  I have LONG wanted to bring some of my friends from Memphis up to KC to meet some of my friends from here - bring up the subject of BBQ and watch the sparks FLY.

(Memphis-style, btw, is FAR superior. Pulled pork on a bun, dripping with sauce... mmmmm)
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

When I worked at a snack bar, we had used both kinds of buns. When making something other than a dog (ie a sandwich for me) I find the ones that open at the top are easier to make sandwiches out of. However, both of them work.
                    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, in Quebec, all the hot dog buns are like that. First time I saw it, I was all "oh." Then I snarfed.

Plus if you put spaghetti sauce on it, they call it a "Michigan."

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                        I have LONG wanted to bring some of my friends from Memphis up to KC to meet some of my friends from here - bring up the subject of BBQ and watch the sparks FLY.

(Memphis-style, btw, is FAR superior. Pulled pork on a bun, dripping with sauce... mmmmm)
                        actually I like all of them, cause they are all different, no one is better then the other

all though because it was the first regional I had, I like north carolina a lot, but then again its meat and ALL meat that is bbq is yummy (unless its turned to charcoal by the cook, then its fuel)

Comment

Looks like that style of hot dog bun would be less messy.

I really dislike when people or place try to tell me that there is only one proper way to enjoy a food (no ketchup).
                          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I like those types of buns...less loss to the shirt when the condiments are too over filled.

Comment

all though because it was the first regional I had, I like north carolina a lot, but then again its meat and ALL meat that is bbq is yummy (unless its turned to charcoal by the cook, then its fuel)
                              Exactly my problem with KC bbq. The specialty there is "burnt ends". Basically, cook a beef brisket (brisquette?) for many many hours. Cut off the blackened ends. Chop up and drown in sauce. Get people to pay $15 for the privelege of chewing on it. (My other problem with KC style is that it tends to be pretty expensive.) My idea of bbq just doesn't include real plates or silverware. I'm a country kid, I guess.
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                              X