This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guy groaning about cake

i was on register, and rang a guy up for a coffee cake. It rang up 5.69. The guy snaps "It is suposed to be 4.39" I say ok, then check. Turns out the 4.39 sign said "pecan danish ring" not coffee cake. i show this to the guy. He moans "I wanna talk to the manager" and "I should get that for free". I call a manager over, and he yells at her for 10 mins. I don't know if he got it for free or what. Turns out someone moved the coffee cake in front of the danish ring sign. Bad thing about it is the managers are customer a-- kissers and even scold us for not being cordial to the customers. This guy was not cordial.
    Whasup everybody, its chris in the house!

I've had customers tell me that something was supposed to be lower than what it rang up. Sometimes I'll go pull the tag or sign and bring it up to the customer so I can prove that the item rang up correctly.

Some customers have bought items that they believed were on sale but they were the wrong size. What I end up doing is look for the size that's actually on sale and I bring it up to the customer. I let the customer know which size is on sale. The customer either ends up exchanging the non-sale item for the sale one or having the original item refunded.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

I got bitched out when I quoted a computer for a guy and then rang it up at a different price.

I started upt by saying "Looks like the boss changed the price on this comp..." and that was as far as I got before having to deal with 20 minutes of solid abuse. He finally ended by making some sort of threat and then saying "and what are you going to do about that?"

I told him that the new price was reduced due to a combination of lower costs for the parts, and a discount since you are a friend of the owner of the store. The computer's price was REDUCED by $200.

He tried to get apologetic with me but I wasn't having it. I was civil, but I went into what my friends refer to as my "Mr. Spock" mode. When I go cold and emotionless, my friends KNOW to back off.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Just remember, some customers can't read and don't look. Somehow, though, they can funtion enough to get to the store.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          He tried to get apologetic with me but I wasn't having it. I was civil, but I went into what my friends refer to as my "Mr. Spock" mode. When I go cold and emotionless, my friends KNOW to back off.
          So, did you give him the Vulcan neck pinch?
          free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
            That's when I would go. All right, I'll get my manager to change the price back. Just for you. Happy?
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
              So, did you give him the Vulcan neck pinch?
              Nope, but I was thinking about using the Terran Crotch Kick pretty hard.
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I hate it when customers throw a fit over a sign because they didn't read.

I also hate it when they throw a fit over a price and they're right, if the customer is right, I WILL make the adjustment. I'm not going to give them some song and dance to make them pay when they shouldn't have to.

One thing I really wish, if there is an error in our favor... like someone forgot to put up a sale sign, we can charge the customer full-price. But it's not a perfect world.
                When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
                  It's hoooooot in Toooooopeeeeekaaaaa. It's hot, hot hot hot hot.. hooot. IIIIIIt's hotinTopeka! I'm a hot toe picker. Pick my toe it's hot. Topeka's hot. My toe is hot. Pick it.
                  I'm from Phoenix. Something tells me that what I consider hot and what in Topeka you consider hot just aren't the same thing.
                  Last edited by Jester; 09-30-2006, 07:23 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X