This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The toilets work fine!

For a long time now we keep getting women coming to us complaining the toilets aren't working, and that they're plugged. In virtually every case over the past three years, there has not been any problem, or there's just a little toilet paper in there and one flush does the trick.

Today a woman came to me asking when the toilet was going to be fixed, because it was all plugged up. I just knew it was going to be BS (as opposed to another kind of S ), but I looked anyways. Sure enough, there was just a little toilet paper in there, and one flush did it. I went back to her, and told her it was working properly, and she couldn't believe it. "But the person in front of me tried flushing it four times and it didn't work!" I said it took one flush and there was nothing wrong, and there was just water in there.

And she wasn't being nasty just to me. According to one of my coworkers, the same woman complained to him later on about there being part of a sandwich sitting under one of the tables near where she was sitting. Something which a child probably dropped accidentally.

Honestly, I don't know why we keep getting women like this complaining about the toilets. It seems like such a big scam. Are people that flushing-impaired?

By the way, this scam NEVER happens in the mens' room. Occasionally it does plug, and if someone complains, it's legitimate.
    Last edited by Can I have a cheeseburger; 08-18-2008, 01:34 AM.

I would hate to think that she probably calls a plumber to her house if that thing happens every once in a while.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've posted somewhere about how the women's toilets at my store were getting clogged about ten times as often as the men's toilets. And this was because people were flushing things they weren't supposed to, like paper towels. Yes, when the toilet paper ran out, they would use paper towels to clean up.

And when we stopped putting paper towels in the restrooms, we got people complaining, because "How are we supposed to dry our hands?" And I have to give them a pitying look and say, "Try the electric hand dryer."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Something makes me want to doubt she tried flushing even once. People see floaties in the toilet, even if it's just toilet paper, and get grossed out, they won't even deal with it. Oh, but they expect you to.
        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
        X