Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot to the Head (Violence and Language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kara View Post
    He can't fight, he just thought that since he's big and muscular, that he will automatically win the fight.
    My burning question is how did this guy avoid teh Chainsaw of Natural Selection manage to miss him long enough to wind up in prison? Darwin is waiting for him....

Comment

--giggles--

I haven't even read the post yet, just the title. You said 'Boot to the Head' --giggles more--

I love Dr. D.
      Tamezin

Comment

Quoth Balgram View Post
        Nothing makes me want to work in a prison more than comparing your work day with mine.
        It's way more fun than I thought it would be. I mean, sure, there's the constant tension of knowing that anything could happen at any given moment, but it's a really, really interesting place to work.

Not that I wasn't, like, close to panic when this was all happening. I've never been in a fight in my life. In my head, a fight starts with two people staring each other down and exchanging witty banter. Then it all goes into a choreographed sequence of physics-defying stunts. They throw fireballs or waves of energy, then the loser just stands there dazed while the winner pulls the skin off his face and breathes fire on them.

I was literally staying about 4 inches away from the fight trying to get control of the situation. Another officer told me later, "Next time you call a Condition, don't yell." I just laughed and said, "Did I yell?" I really didn't know.

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        Do you have an emergency button on your radios or was it the background noise...?
        When someone radios a Condition 30 or Signal Medical, the operator in Main Control will hit a button that causes extremely loud hi/low tones to be sounded on the radio. That way, in case anyone didn't hear it called for whatever reason, they'll hear the tones and then Control will repeat the Condition. Usually, "Control to all [East or West] side Response Units, 10-33 (which means maintain emergency radio traffic only), Condition 30, [X] Cellhouse." Then whoever is on Response that day will go to the affected area and take care of whatever needs to be done. Finally, the Response OIC will radio Control and advise the situation is secure and clear the Condition.

We do have a "panic" button on our radios. If we press it, it sets off an alarm in Control only. The Control Operator will then radio to that unit (in case it was hit by accident). If the unit doesn't respond, they will automatically call a Condition. Because someone could be getting their ass whipped or something and hit the button.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
        X