Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of "No public washroom" don't you get???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im lucky we have a public washroom right by the entrance. Our one is tucked out of site just for us

yay clean employee bathrooms!

Now explaining to people that NO you can not use the phone..... thats becoming a problem!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I completely understand, but I do disagree on what tiny little point.

There is a KB Toys near us. It's a store geared specifically towards kids.
      They don't have a public bathroom. How can you have a toy store without a public bathroom? Pure idiocy.

As a result of that, we don't shop there anymore. We're potty training and we just can't take the risk.

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
        I completely understand, but I do disagree on what tiny little point.

There is a KB Toys near us. It's a store geared specifically towards kids.
        They don't have a public bathroom. How can you have a toy store without a public bathroom? Pure idiocy.

As a result of that, we don't shop there anymore. We're potty training and we just can't take the risk.
        I don't have kids, but have enough experience with toddlers to totally agree with you here. I've been in at least one toy store where I saw an employee cleaning up a "mishap" by a young customer.

I'm not squeamish (except for vomit), but I don't know if I'd want to work in a toy store or pet store, where you *know* a significant percentage of the clientele are not reliably housebroken.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

The one question I'm tired of answering is "where is the bathroom?" I mean, it's weird when the very first customers of the day come into the store and they all run up to the restroom. Doesn't anyone "go" before going out? I also don't like it when customers try to get me to tell them where the employee's restrooms are after I tell them that our restrooms are on the second floor. My answer for that usually is "we don't have employee restrooms" or "ours is on the second floor too." You wouldn't believe how many people complain about having to walk upstairs to use the bathroom. Sigh.

Comment

Whenever a customer asks to use our restroom, I tell him it's flooded. Not only does the customer believe it, but it puts him in a good mood about it because then we joke about it for a few sentences. Then I tell him to try Starbucks at the corner.

"Which corner?"
            "Does it matter? Heck, if you miss the Starbucks at the corner, there's another one right next to it! "
            Last edited by pbmods; 10-01-2006, 02:15 PM. Reason: 1 customer != 'them'
            "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
            -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Every store I've worked had a public bathroom, so my amusement didn't start until I worked at my last hotel. Yes, it wasn't a public bathroom, but we also didn't allow people back there because it was our storage room. Can't have people looking at seven years worth of credit card receipts!

I love it when they ask where I go. I had two answers: "I go upstairs by the meeting rooms" before offering them an elevator key. Usually they were on their way to renting a room, so why ask in the lobby anyway?

My other answer was, "Sorry, that's a trade secret." Makes 'em wonder about me. Heh heh.
              "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                Now explaining to people that NO you can not use the phone..... thats becoming a problem!
                A restaurant I used to work at solved that problem really easily. There were two phones in the place, the office phone and the one at the front door. Now, customers were not allowed in the back of the house where the office was, and the front door phone was programmed so the only numbers that could be dialed out were for cab companies, so that the staff could call cabs for guests. Any other outgoing number wouldn't work. I am not always thrilled with management, but whichever management staff put that little gem in gets my award for Real Man/Woman of Genius.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

God I just remembered all the anger and screaming we got when the craft store removed its publich bathroom..... holy cow

there was one in the store next door to us and the customers DEMANDED we know exactly where in the store it was.... god I dont know... I dont work there you idiot!

how can you not have a toilet? this is ridicules! sucky entitlement issues! superioroity complex! I want to see a manager! Cant we use the employees bathroom! Just this once! (yeah right)

the worst was parents who refused to line up again after taking their young kids to the bathroom, they made them wait, so the kids were dancing around with the "gottapee" dance whining..... and of course, its my fault...
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"Does it matter? Heck, if you miss the Starbucks at the corner, there's another one right next to it! "
                    i can't begin to tell you how much i HATE that; we get every douch on the block wanting to come in for that and that only. at least buy something and contribute, sheesh.

that and they get rather snotty about it; wtf? be grateful you can use it at all, jackass.

i'm beginning to think, after the condition most people leave the restroom in, that we should install a litterbox or just a trench. filthy beasts...
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                    X