Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well what the [smurf] are you doing here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well what the [smurf] are you doing here?

So I'm doing a setup for an event late next week. Simple setup, theater style seating for 225 people.

I'm setting up the hall and I hear the sounds of someone frantically trying to come in through the locked doors.

I go up and ask if there is anything I can do for him and he says that he wants to come in and use the computer.

Now two things wrong with this. One, I'm using the computer to play music off of my Project Playlist while I'm working. Two, there is a just opened Internet cafe which at the time had one of the four computers used leaving three for him to choose from.

I inform him of the cafe and tell him..."I'm sorry, but you can't be in here when I'm setting up for an event."

To which he responds with "Well if I can't be in here then what the [smurf] are you doing here?"

Now seeing as I just told him what I was doing seconds before he asked that question, there was no need for the brain to mouth filter as my brain grabbed it's hat and it's coat, wandered over to the time clock, punched itself out and went home on me.

The only thing I could think of doing was to repeat my last comment and close the door on him and get back to my setup.

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

O.o boy probably has a WoW addiction he needs to get back to.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      O.o boy probably has a WoW addiction he needs to get back to.
      In that case he'd be screwed. The computer in the Center Hall is a Pentium 4 2.2ghz with the onboard video set to 32mb. The poor thing couldn't get out of it's own way much less handle the clocks required for Warcrack.

M
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
        In that case he'd be screwed. The computer in the Center Hall is a Pentium 4 2.2ghz with the onboard video set to 32mb. The poor thing couldn't get out of it's own way much less handle the clocks required for Warcrack.

M
        You're VASTLY overestimating WoW. One of the reasons it has so many players is because it'll run on even the shittiest set up. Hell my eeePC will run it and its a 900mhz with the ever elite onboard Intel vidchip. You don't get amazing framerates mind you, but its quite playable.

As for him, I'm impressed he continued to try and open a locked door. ;p

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          To which he responds with "Well if I can't be in here then what the [smurf] are you doing here?"
          It hurts my brain that he was able to forget the concept of people inside a business usually have authority to be there ie. owner or employee. In their self centered world since someone else is in there, they can be in there too? I can't even make myself think that way no matter how hard I try. Ouch
          I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
          -The Amazing E
          Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Working...
          X