This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple question

OK here is the scenario: You are on vacation at a hotel out of town. Six guys come up to you in the parking lot and offer to let you buy in to their (illegal here) poker game for $500. They need to take the money up to the room now and the game will start in a little bit. Now, what do you think will happen to your money?

I don't know what your answer is, but this morning three, count them, THREE people got this question wrong at my hotel. If I had known it was this easy, I would have started a life of crime long ago.
    "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

The first rule of running a con: be smarter than your mark.
    Second rule: always have a quick exit.
    Crime is easy, the problem is most people smart enough to be effective criminals also have this thing called "honesty". It's a horrible disease that once infected large numbers of the population, but with proper education and social changes, slowly we are beating this horrible disease, so that we can live our lives how we want.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
      I don't know what your answer is, but this morning three, count them, THREE people got this question wrong at my hotel. If I had known it was this easy, I would have started a life of crime long ago.
      Three people ponied up $500 bucks for a game that will start "later". Wow. Here's your sign.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Are any of them trying to hold the hotel responsible yet?
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Are any of them trying to hold the hotel responsible yet?
          ahh, now there's a lawsuit worthy of making the first page on 'the national enquirer.'

idiots; gotta...love 'em?
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow. You know, I don't even gamble, and I knew what was wrong with that picture.
            Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
              I don't know what your answer is, but this morning three, count them, THREE people got this question wrong at my hotel.
              Yet again proving that P. T. Barnum was correct: there IS a sucker born every minute! Dumbasses.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth dragonflygrrl View Post
                Wow. You know, I don't even gamble, and I knew what was wrong with that picture.
                My thoughts exactly. My question is. . . what were they thinkin? That they'd get their money back? That they would become millionaires? That nothing absolutely wrong could ever happen? Were they forced into that situation? (i.e., gun to their head or were the guys big and burly and mean lookin?)
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

As the saying goes, "you can't cheat an honest man".
                  Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Update: the count is now five. The scammers came back this afternoon and got 2 more. Here is my prediction for the lawsuits to come: the hotel was aware that there were scammers and con artists in the city. The hotel did not specifically inform all guests upon check-in that gambling is illegal in The Deep South. The hotel did not specifically remind guests that they shouldn't give money to people they don't know. The hotel should therefore be liable for damages and emotional suffering. It's going to be an interesting day, tomorow.
                    Last edited by Salesmonkey; 09-30-2006, 12:16 AM. Reason: typo
                    "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Wow. That's a dead easy 2.5g.

I wonder how many rejections they got too? Like, did five out of five people buy into it, or five out of fifty. One way, you've got a real stupid population set there, the other just playing the odds.

Wow. Forking over cash now to strangers with only a promise of a game later? That's messed up.

Another old saying - a fool and his money are soon parted.

Comment

Scammed.

I thought it was "A fool and his money are some party."
                        I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Not only do those people deserve to lose their money, but they also need a good

Thanks to them, those crooks will be back and harassing everybody day in and day out.

Can't you call the cops and report them? Maybe they're trying the same thing at other places.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Heh, reminds me of some fun my friend and I had in high school senior year. We went around to people telling them we were taking a poll to see how many people actually have their social security number memorized. When someone told us they had memorized it, we asked them what it was just to make sure they weren't lieing. Nine times out of ten we got the number. Very sad part was we even had a teacher give it to us...
                            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

People just don't think.

Comment

Working...
                              X