This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many has a horror story to share?

How many of you had a horror story working in fast food or a supermarket, where the ultimate b---- customer gave you an uproar?
    Not at all
    1.79%
    Once in a blue moon
    14.29%
    Occasionaly
    57.14%
    5+ more times a week
    16.07%
    Every day
    10.71%
    Whasup everybody, its chris in the house!

SC frequency.

You forgot the most important one.

"How many times a DAY are you harrassed by a SC?"
    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

It's kind of hard to say, actually. I went with "Occasionally", although it was a toss-up between that and "once in a blue moon."

I have to admit, they're not that bad most of the time. But it's the bad ones that really stand out, and make the job a living hell. Even the few bad ones got me to the point where I'd cringe every time a customer approached me, even when they turned out to be OK.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I was kind of between Occasionally and Every Day. Sometimes whole weeks will go by with nary an SC. Then I'll get two or three a day for a week. MadMike is right, though, that most of them aren't spectacularly bad, they are just the ones you remember at the end of the day. Off hand, I'd say I am treated with a total lack of respect at least three or four times a day, but only get a real doozie occasionally.
        Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

I'd go for Occasionally, as SCs aren't mostly really nasty people; just irritatingly thick ones. But sometimes there will be a really horrible person that will just leave me trembling both with fear and the urge to smack them.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've got to say "Every Day". I work in a tech support call center, nobody calls us when everything is working the way the SC wants it to. Damn Bastiches.
            I can't decide who's dumber: my customers for their questions or me for willfully listening to their questions.

My MySpace

Comment

Back in my fast-food days, most of the people that I had to deal with were pretty good-nothing to make me kiss them, but few that made me want to smack them in the face-hole. But those that I did want to smack, happened so rarely that they almost-note I said almost-were non-existant.

Except for the Reverend and purple-underwear guy. Those are the exceptions that I remember.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I went with every day. Drunk people losing money gambling on horse races are very rude indeed. So they take out their dumbness on the concession workers.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I'm probably going to get gray tomatoes thrown at me for this, but I honestly get almost no sucky customers at all where I work. Sure, it's only been two weeks, but every one has been practically decent. Some almost . . . nice. Some leave a bit of a mess when they leave, and some order seventy dollars worth of food and leave no tip for us, but none have ever really been mean to my face. Not yet, at least.
                  You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Went with occasionally on this one. I don't work much during the school year but some nights they can be unusually mellow or I can have an SC that makes me want to smack them or just yell at them. It also depends on the event I'm working also, a basketball game I know I'm going to get an SC, a concert varies. A few weeks ago at Megadeth, 200 people I heard were thrown out before Megadeth even came on. I am glad I didn't work that show.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I put down occasionally, because it really is rare that we get a full blown moron in. We get the mildly annoying ones on a daily basis that don't understand a lot of the technical things like "laws" and "insurance policies", but the vast majority of those can be talked down.
                      I get the occasional crabby dork like the lady today who was mad that the drivethru the other night was slow, and wanted an explanation as to why it was slow then Uhhhh....I wasn't there, or if I was, I honestly don't remember lady. Here's your happy pills, go away now.

Comment

I went with occasionally because since I moved from call taker to dispatcher, I harldy deal with the members as much as I used to. I have more of an issue with my drivers being buttheads now then our members.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I work at a coffee shop, by multiple bars, in the summer it is quite often (10+ a day) now though since its calming down, its around 5 a week

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                            I'm probably going to get gray tomatoes thrown at me for this, but I honestly get almost no sucky customers at all where I work. Sure, it's only been two weeks, but every one has been practically decent. Some almost . . . nice. Some leave a bit of a mess when they leave, and some order seventy dollars worth of food and leave no tip for us, but none have ever really been mean to my face. Not yet, at least.
                            It is only a matter of time, young grasshopper, only a matter of time.

Myself, I would say occasionally, but then there are days where it is SC Grand Central Station.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

gotta be occasionally. as much as we have all these stories im sure that if we had a site for how many perfect customers we had it would take years to sift through all those stories. example. i look back on this past weekend and gun lady and wannabe theif guy stands out but then ithink about the pleasent customers i dealt with, made a few sales shook a few hands and now on a first name basis with one of our new customers the SC are really clobbered by the GC =P
                              Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X