This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupon customers

I get a lot of customers, but some of the worst are the ones with coupons. They bring 100 coupons, the nwatch you to make surte you're taking their precious coupons off. It gets annoying. Every saturday night, this lady comes in and brings in all this expired coupons. She is rude to others, and wants double paper all the time. She has about 10 expired coupons, like every sat night for about 10 years.
    Whasup everybody, its chris in the house!

especially fun when they demand you run through SEVERAL coupons that state cannot be combined with any other coupon

their retort of course is

"oh well I don't mind if you just ring it up under different receipts then"

You don't mind. YOU don't mind? Oh well in that case. Fuck off

Comment

I get annoying coupons that run through like I run through insurance, and a lot of them have to go through some long annoying direct link process if I bill regular insurance first. Egads. Everyone of them goes through a little differently, too, and there's really no good training on the subject. One of these days I should make up a manual for the carriers I come across just to keep for myself and the other techs....not like I don't have enough going on, though.

The most annoying ones are the ones that the doctors give customers that are already expired. How hard is it to take a quick glance at it before you go handing it out? Gah.

Comment

I don't use coupons, but I've been thinking about it. I need to scrimp and save everywhere I can. So what would a GOOD coupon customer do? Besides using expired ones.
        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
          I don't use coupons, but I've been thinking about it. I need to scrimp and save everywhere I can. So what would a GOOD coupon customer do? Besides using expired ones.
          Do you mean besides NOT using expired ones?

Check the item on the coupon carefully so you get the right amount of Whatever and don't end up with the WhateverPlus when the coupon only works on the WhateverOriginal.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Have them ready to go with your purchases. Some people put them with the product that they go with, which is nice if you need to compare the coupon to the product, although I don't tend to ring them in until the very end of the transaction, due to the way my till is set up.

If it's an instant savings coupon that's taped to the front of the product, either peel it off ahead of time, or at least point it out to me if it looks like I'm about to go past it. Sometimes I miss stuff like that if I'm in a hurry.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
              If it's an instant savings coupon that's taped to the front of the product, either peel it off ahead of time, or at least point it out to me if it looks like I'm about to go past it. Sometimes I miss stuff like that if I'm in a hurry.
              Had a customer the other day who thought if she peeled those coupons off herself, alarms and sirens would go off and she'd get in trouble or something. Actually made me laugh. I explained that she could take them off ahead of time next time because most cashiers won't notice "Instant Savings" coupons on the front of packages. We're too busy keeping our IPH up.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                We're too busy keeping our IPH up.
                My IPH is a big fat ZERO since they switched me to service desk. Which stinks for them, because I was one of the fastest cashiers they had. Poor them. Our store IPH goal is 475, but a lot of the cashiers can't even do that.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                  The most annoying ones are the ones that the doctors give customers that are already expired. How hard is it to take a quick glance at it before you go handing it out? Gah.
                  At my last store, our sent-out envelopes had a tab that came off that we could give to customers as a record of their order, and it also had a coupon for Kodak film on it (since Kodak did our offsite processing).

Since our ordering system already gives the customer a claim ticket, the tab from the send-out envelope was unnecessary, but I would always give it to the customer anyway because it was also a coupon.

However, one day I actually looked at the coupon, and I realized that it had expired almost 3 years ago (yeah, we don't get that many send-out orders). Oops.

I spent the next 10 minutes removing the coupons from every send-out envelope we had.

Fortunately, nobody ever showed up with one of those coupons....
                  "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                  -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I use coupons. I take my time when shopping and look at all the prices. Yes, I am anal. I have a gazillion coupons that I go through every so often to make sure I am not using expired ones. I make sure I buy what the coupon is meant for...even when I have accidentally used a coupon in a situation where I purchased WhateverOriginal and the coupon was for WhateverPlus, most cashiers I have ever encountered this with have forced the till to take the coupon. The ones that don't? I don't tell them that other cashiers force it - why? Because 1) that could get the other cashiers in trouble, thereby ruining any future chance of cashier coolness 2) Because I am all too familiar with SC behavior and do not want to find myself being described as one on this website

The funniest thing about some people who use coupons - they end up spending more money then they needed to buying only what they have coupons for. Duh! If I am buying an item and I have a coupon for Brand X of said item but Brand Y is comparable AND cheaper...I buy Brand Y.
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth booger View Post
                      Our store IPH goal is 475, but a lot of the cashiers can't even do that.
                      ::whistles:: Our top four cashiers (posted prominently by the indoor cart depot) are all above 500, with the highest capping 600. Don't know my own personal count, since I forgot which action code tells me that one.

Quoth friendofjimmyk
                      The funniest thing about some people who use coupons - they end up spending more money then they needed to buying only what they have coupons for. Duh! If I am buying an item and I have a coupon for Brand X of said item but Brand Y is comparable AND cheaper...I buy Brand Y.
                      I'll only buy Brand X in that case if the coupon actually manages to make it worthwhile. Though my husband and I will peruse the competitor ads and take them to Wal-Mart with us for price matching (but we still go for whatever is absolutely cheapest, price match or no).

Comment

Working...
                      X