This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I drive right into your garage?

I now work at a glass replacement shop, and i've never seen more people who don't think past the hood of their cars. My shop used to be a transmission shop, so the old hoist pilers are still in the ground in the center of two of the bays, with three bent pieces of metal covering the sewers (roughly 2 feet wide, 3 feet long) that the now hoist stumps are sitting in, hence why they are still there. This means that when we pull cars in, we have to be careful to not drive between the plates (not very hard to do) so that we don't dump a tire into the sewer.
    So last friday, as I cross the bays to reach for the shop-vac, a beat up old Dodge Shadow drives right into the shop. I quickly jump up, begin shouting at the little old lady driving, flailing my arms like i'm covered in bees trying to get her attention so she doesn't drive.....right into the sewer. So we spent 2 hours jacking her car up with one jack, trying to get her car out. The saddest part? She wanted a rear view mirror glued back on. 5 min job max. We don't even pull cars into the bays because it takes so little to do.

At least she apologized, but she was pretty stumped when my manager asked her if she has people drive right into her garage.

I think I'll try that next time I go somewhere. A house, a car repair shop, etc - I'll just drive right into the garage. "Hi honey, I'm home!"
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Yes, perhaps she thought she WAS home?
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Well, I considered the fact that she was elderly when I read the story. She could've been confused.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

At the store I was working at, we once had our flooring replaced in our car audio install department. Old flooring was thick, 2x2' rubber tiles. New flooring was a thin, synthetic sheet that was designed to cover the entire bay floor in two pieces, cut to fit. The flooring company had a large sheet of material placed on the ground outside the bay while they were spreading adhesive on the floor inside. A customer wanting into the bay drove around their van and parked her car right on top of the flooring sheet outside the bay entrance. Luckily it didn't ruin the floor but the flooring install guys weren't happy at all.
          Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Working...
          X