This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "They are not my class of people ..."

She was a Martha Stewart in-the-making, wearing a ladies' business suit that unfortunately showed too much of her old boobs, and dining with two yes men who spent more time kissing her butt than eating lunch. Each time I walked up to the table, I heard an interesting bit of their conversation:

"Those people are stupid, they are stupid. … It is good that they are stupid, good for you that they are stupid people." I believe she was speaking of the people they were about to do business with. Interesting.

On my next visit, she was telling someone on her cell phone that he had to bring her her credit card that she'd left someplace. (You left your credit card somewhere? Isn't that … "stupid"? Nevermind.)

Later, she was talking on her cell phone again, this time about scheduling a meeting at some restaurant/bar: "No, I cannot go there; they are not my class of people. They are all housekeepers and …." She switched to her non-Russian Slavic language to continue her list of those beneath her in the social ladder, possibly because she realized that I was standing at the table overhearing her conversation. (Her 'class of people'?! I wonder how many egos actually think like this.)

When I delivered their check, she took a break from yet another phone conversation to order one of her two yes men to pay the bill, then began to share the whole story over-the-phone about how some third party was too lazy to bring her credit card to her This was lucky for me, because I doubt she'd leave a proper tip for someone of my 'class of people.'

did you know you have this posted twice?

Comment

Working...
    X