This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're going to dally....

Ok I used to be a tech for a Personal Communications Service cell phone company (Which off ttrack here we where never ,ever, allowed to call them cell phones in front of management but mobile phones as we where'nt celluar) but anyhow we had a customer one day who had a bit of a problem come in and blame us for it.

Background: He had bought a set of three phones on three different plans. One for himself, one for his wife and one for his girlfriend. He had apparently tried to get it where the bills for the phones went to the appropriate people. Somehow the bill for the girlfriend's phone went to the wife and vice versa.

So he comes into the store very upset and angry and yelling at us about how we messed him up and the company had destroyed his life and a bunch of other things.

Now the entire store was goign through planogram change and updating the big backlit coverage map we had in the lobby so you had me (6'0" 200#, male), Tbone (6'8" 150# male) and Porkchop (5'10" 280#, 3rd degree black belt, male) wrestling with with large map and trying not to get burned by the lights of doom. Riblet( 5'9" 130#, female) covering the phones and desk, our CSRs mon (5'5" 120# female)and mets (5'9" 150# disabled male) kibitzing and helping out where needed (it was slow that day fortunately). We tall three males where right in the front so who does he go to to start yelling thats right walks past us and goes to riblet and mon who where at the center of the store at the sales desk.

Mon was tryign to calm him while the three of us where standing by as he was not calming down if anythign getting more wound up. Finally it comes out what happened was that the wife got the girlfriend's bill, she called and found out who the girlfriend was, found out she was the girlfriend and then proceeded to contact her lawyer and take steps to initiate removal of this guys life, wealth and utter happpiness (as well as as many personal belongsings she could) from him. I am not exactly certain what he wanted the store or the company to do in this but consideirng how riled he was getting, Riblet and Mets both hit the panic button and Tbone walked up getting his best pacify the lunatic voice on while porkchop and I came up on either side ready to restrain.

This didnt have the exact effect we wanted but it did get the guy to decide to leave. But not before he said quite a few choice words and then spiked his phone on the floor wizzing it right past mon in the process. He left, the cops showed up, we showed them the tape. He was arrested for disorderly conduct, and told never to set foot in a PCS store again. Not to mention he still was under contract for all three of the phones on top of the rest of the mess he was in.

Ahh that was a job. Several stories but this is the biggest one I have from there.

I just like the names you gave them. Riblet. Porkchop. Makes me really hungry.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
      Tbone (6'8" 150# male)
      6'8" and only a buck and a half?!?!?!

Sounds like what Jim Rome used to call Sean Bradley: The Walking Death Stick.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I love that the wife found this stuff out. Sounds like he's again blaming someone else for his OWN mistake. Hmm, imagine taking responsibility for YOUR OWN FREAKIN' ACTIONS! Yeah, doesn't sound as good as blaming others, does it? What a jerk.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

that's a karmic bite in the ass, and i can't think of a better recipient.

wahh, i'm a lowlife, waaahhh, i got caught, wahhh, my wife is taking everything because i'm a piece of crap....wahhh.

here's a quarter and a dime, call someone who cares, bud.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
            Background: He had bought a set of three phones on three different plans. One for himself, one for his wife and one for his girlfriend. He had apparently tried to get it where the bills for the phones went to the appropriate people. Somehow the bill for the girlfriend's phone went to the wife and vice versa.

So he comes into the store very upset and angry and yelling at us about how we messed him up and the company had destroyed his life and a bunch of other things.
            Let's see if I have this straight: Sleazo is cheating on his wife. He got busted on it. Now it's YOUR employer's fault that he's a lying weasel who can't keep a promise (to his wife) or just keep it in his pants?
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Sweet Jesus, that's messed up! This is a "hello, mcfly!" moment if I've ever heard one. He was probably doing this so he could have a discount on the two people who he calls the most! So, in his quest to save money he was blind to the fact that mistakes could happen and didn't think of maybe making the bills paperless and/or having them all come to him or some P.O. Box. Then, in his blind stupidity and quest to save a few bucks - he has lost his ass! Ouch, buddy, tell me how that karma bite feels!
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

We used to get a guy coming in to have photos developed. He carried 2 cameras - one for photos with his wife and family, and one for his girlfriend. It was really important we kept them separate for him.
                Anyways, long story short, we had a guy covering from another store. The wife came in with a ticket to collect the "family photos". Our fab whizzy till system tells us if there are any other outstanding orders in the store, and up popped this second photo order. Cover guy told wife that there was a second outstanding order for that name and number and would she like to collect them. Wife says yes, she would, although she can't possibly think what would be on them.
                So...cover guy gets the second order out of the drawer and opens the envelope for the wife to check the prints over. And there, on top, is a photo of husband and girlfriend in a compromising position. And another 23 similar prints alongside it.
                And this all happened while the staff member from our store, who knew the situation, was out on break and couldn't stop it.
                Apparently the wife said quite calmly that yes, these were her photos and she would take them.

We never saw the now ex-husband again. But we do see the wife quite regularly and have a chat occasionally. After initially being annoyed that we had played a part in his deception, she's since moved on, taken him for every penny she could, and has found herself a very nice toyboy. And couldn't be happier.

Comment

This being a tropical resort getaway, many people decide to get away here with people who are not, shall we say, their matrimonial partner.

Which has led many of us more smartass server/bartender types to enter into conversations like this:

SERVER: "Are y'all married?"
                  TOURIST: "Yes."
                  SERVER: "To each other?"

As I often explain after this exchange, many people come here with spouses...just not necessarily their own.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Phoenix: Sorry about that those where our nicknames around the store. Since we had an Applebees right across the parking lot lunch came from there quite often and everybody had their favorite foods. My nickname was either igor (cause I worked in the back room and can do an excellent igor impersonation) or burger boy. Mets got his because of his rabid baseball addiction for that particular team and mon was short for her name and her slight jamacian accent.

But yeah this guy was not the brightest bulb. I gotta agree if you're gonna do it either take precautions against other people's mistakes, have permission, or be ready to accept the consequences.

On a slightly related note when I worked at the dealership we had a guy come in with his wife AND his girlfriend. He bought the both of them matching Sebring convertables. They even had vanity plates that read wife and grlfrnd on them. So I guess that was one relationship that was working, just in a different way.

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
                      I love that the wife found this stuff out. Sounds like he's again blaming someone else for his OWN mistake. Hmm, imagine taking responsibility for YOUR OWN FREAKIN' ACTIONS! Yeah, doesn't sound as good as blaming others, does it? What a jerk.
                      Well put. First mistake was having a girlfriend behind wife's back. Second mistake was buying girlfriend and wife both a phone (if that wasn't the world's stupidest thing to do - he expect his wife would never find out??). Third mistake was complaining to the store for his mistake . . . tsk, tsk . .. will he ever learn?
                      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                        On a slightly related note when I worked at the dealership we had a guy come in with his wife AND his girlfriend. He bought the both of them matching Sebring convertables. They even had vanity plates that read wife and grlfrnd on them. So I guess that was one relationship that was working, just in a different way.

Oddly enough, that sounds like a healthy relationship. Maybe it was an open marriage, or they were swingers, or something.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X