This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bliss View Post
    There is only ONE way to get out of these tight spots... At a party or event, when someone asks you what you do for a living, answer them:

"I'm a proctologist", I swear they won't want a free examination in-place
    Oh, you underestimate people. I guarantee you that if you did use that line, not only would they ask you for free medical advice, they would probably do so while describing a godawful problem they have down there that you don't want to hear about, and will probably ruin any chance you had of enjoying that tasty beverage in your hand.

I have seven cousins who are doctors. I am betting they will back me up on this one.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      I have seven cousins who are doctors. I am betting they will back me up on this one.
      I believe you about that. Heck, people were asking me for free medical advice when I was a pre-med student. [No. I never attended medical school. Long story.]

Since I was definitely in the category Not-A-Doctor, my medical advice was ALWAYS, "Call your doctor." My friends didn't like that answer.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

The best is when not only are you working for free, but they're treating you like they're paying you.

I used to do pyro for a friend of mine (an aspiring filmmaker; as far as I know, he's still aspiring [and probably will be until he's expiring ]). Some really neat stuff, actually. Still working on that demo reel (but I wouldn't be adverse to posting some goodies in the meantime... ).

Anyway, you know how frustrating it is to be sitting there in charge of explosives that can seriously hurt or kill everybody within a 45 foot radius, not to mention destroy a $3 million dollar helicopter... and have some little prick second-guessing everything you do and condescending to you like you don't know what you are doing?

Did I mention that professional pyrotechnicians normally make between $400-1000+ per day? Not to mention the excruciating federal, sate, county and city licensing programs we have to comply with?

Yeah. I don't so much as flip a light switch for him for free anymore.
        Last edited by pbmods; 10-04-2006, 01:14 AM. Reason: What? I've gotta have a reason for everything?
        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X