It would appear that our seasons are running as thus

Rain
    Cold Rain
    Roadworks (and rain)
    Rain and soggy leaves.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Pennsylvania's roads just suck. Ask anyone who has been on the Turnpike lately--there's always something torn up. In fact, Penndot has tried to nominate their orange and white construction barrels as the official state flower many times
      What's the official state motto?

"Delays Likely, Tune Radio to 1650AM"
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        "Delays Likely, Tune Radio to 1650AM"
        Are we talking traffic delays, or *construction* delays?
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Finland has four seasons. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. But Winter is longer than the others.

Comment

Quoth Music Mo-Gal View Post
            Cops don't write tickets on private property.
            Oh yes they do. You are not exempt from the law simply because you are on private property. And "vehicular trespassing" - which this OP clearly was - is something the police can and will write a ticket for.

And in general, you can be fined for things you do on private property, such as serving alcohol to minors at a party, being in violation of fire codes, and a variety of other things.

My neighbors where i used to live (more than 20 years ago now) were severely fined for having an illegal bonfire in their yard that was left burning out of control all night (after my father called the fire department on them ). The idiots were renovating and decided to burn the construction trash - including paint cans - rather than pay to have it hauled away.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

The cops here will not write you a ticket on private property, but, they will call a wrecker to remove you. It's in the borough ordinances that any private owner can request a vehicle be removed from thier property after it hasn't moved for 15 minutes.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                Finland has four seasons. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. But Winter is longer than the others.
                So winter changes to spring, spring changes to summer, summer changes back into winter, and winter gives spring and summer amiss and heads straight on into autumn.

Lovely.
                The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Really, it's more that the snow simply doesn't melt properly until between April and July, depending on just how far north you are. Needless to say, Lapland doesn't get much of a summer, but it *does* get a pretty decent autumn.

At the other end of the year, November is notoriously dark, because the days get very short but the new snow hasn't fallen yet to lighten things up.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                    Oh yes they do. You are not exempt from the law simply because you are on private property. And "vehicular trespassing" - which this OP clearly was - is something the police can and will write a ticket for.

And in general, you can be fined for things you do on private property, such as serving alcohol to minors at a party, being in violation of fire codes, and a variety of other things.

My neighbors where i used to live (more than 20 years ago now) were severely fined for having an illegal bonfire in their yard that was left burning out of control all night (after my father called the fire department on them ). The idiots were renovating and decided to burn the construction trash - including paint cans - rather than pay to have it hauled away.
                    OK; I guess I should have been more specific and said that cops do not / can not write tickets for parking violations or moving violations on private property, at least not in any state I've ever lived in.

Comment

Which is why I could learn to drive my Dad's big ol' stock hauler pickup as soon as I could reach the pedals, sit on the seat, and see over the steering wheel at the same time.

Now, if you call them for trespassing when they park on your lawn ...
                      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                      X