This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooh! Temper!

This customer I had yesterday. At the supermarket, we now have to ask customers to put their cards into the chip and pin machine themselves, rather than us doing it for them. Now, most people are perfectly happy to do this... this guy was not.

I asked him to put his credit card in, he ignored me. I could get told off if I was seen doing it for him so I just sat there and waited. Eventually, after a few minutes of deadlock, I once again asked him to put his card in the machine; loudly, so that the people waiting in line would know that it's him who's causing the hold up not me.

He then looked at me, and said, "Why do I have to do it? That's your job." I explained the new policy to him and he angrily picked up his card, and shoved it in the machine. Afterwards, he snatched his receipt from my hand and stomped off in a temper.

Some people really have no idea.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I'm surprised he didn't have someone carry him out to the parking lot, too.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

On a sedan chair, with scantily clad females fanning him with ostrich feathers and feeding him peeled grapes!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I wrote a verrrrry long thread about this same thing. This is my biggest pet peeve ever. The machines are in front of the tills for a reason.....so the customer can use it. Why can't they do this simple thing? They hand it to you, and you have to backtrack towards them again to put the damn thing in. IT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!!! Why can't they do it? Grrrrr
        "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

And if you were to take it, you'd give it back, and they would shove it in their purse or wallet.Then before they leave, "You didn't give me my credit card back!" They search and search, "Wheres my card?! You still have it!" fuming and searching...."Oh here it is har har."
          WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            On a sedan chair, with scantily clad females fanning him with ostrich feathers and feeding him peeled grapes!
            Now that's my kinda shopping....
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

does he want someone to wipe his butt for him too after he does his business also ?

We have people who get MAD when we refuse to enter their debt card pin number into our machines....uh...we are NOT supposed to know your pin number for security reasons...(not that we would steal your money in your account) but if something happens (say a bank error or something) then they will try and pin it on us saying "Well...so and so used my pin so I could pay for my groceries and now half my money is gone in my account because so and so used my pin to get other things for himself/herself.
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                I'm surprised he didn't have someone carry him out to the parking lot, too.
                I would, then drop him on his outside the doors.

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                I kinda like that idea!
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X