This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my 15 minutes back!

So, just sitting at work, doing the normal Saturday night/Sunday morning.... well... NOTHING, when I get this call... I don't really want to repeat word for word, mainly cuz I don't want to sit through the recording again...

Here's how it should've gone
    Me: I'm sorry, sir, we don't have that information. You'll have to call the hospital.
    SC:Oh, okay, thanks!

But we all know how well that one works out...

Here's how it really went down
    Me: *after an exhaustive search to figure out what he was actually calling about* Okay sir, it looks like we have an officer there, everything is fine, but for specific information, you'll have to call the hospital.
    SC: what's the number?
    Me: *gives number*
    SC: That's the number you're calling from! You need to know this!
    Me: *confused, number I gave has.... 2 digits the same, that's it* Sir, I'm calling from *gives real dispatch number*, you need to call *gives hospital number again*
    SC: I called that one, no one answers. You're right there, I want to talk to the nurse.
    Me: Sir, I'm not there, we have an officer there now, but like I said, for any information, you'll have to call the hospital.
    SC: You're right there! I want to talk to the nurse!
    *repeat until roughly 12 minutes into the call...*
    Me; Sir, there's nothing I can do for you other than give you the number.
    SC: Well, you said you were there. Have the nurse call me at home.
    Me: Sir, the officer is no longer on scene, and the nurse no doubt is busy, you'll have to call the hospital.
    SC: But that's the number I dialed!
    Me: *slowly wishes he can bring alcohol to work...*

yes... 15 minutes of this guy who at first called the police thinking he called the hospital, me giving him 2 different numbers (which I tried, both ring to the same front desk person), him denying said numbers... but the kicker? The last line of the call...

SC: oh, okay. I get it now. I'll just call 911 cuz they can help me.

*sigh* I want my 15 minutes back...
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Quoth Fenrus View Post
    SC: oh, okay. I get it now. I'll just call 911 cuz they can help me.
    and wouldn't that just ring back to you anyway...?

wow... I'm so glad my shift so far has been sitting watching reruns of Baylon 5, listening to the comforting noises of the trains and trucks going by, and posting on CS
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Yep! brought him right back to us... even got me as a calltaker again, too... I was NOT AMUSED! He didn't seem to realize, and proceeded to tell me the entire story again.
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

reminds me of when I worked at the call center taking calls forwarded from hotels... and when I'd offer to find someone an alternate hotel because the one they called was sold out... they'd say no, I'll just call around, call another hotel and get CONNECTED WITH ME AGAIN.... ugh, why didn't you listen to me the first time...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I have booze Fenrus.

At around 10 mins into a call like that I've been known to "slip" and "accidentally" hit the release button...
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
          X