This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! SC in my kitchen!

Had a few friends over for a BBQ on Sunday. My friend Vic was bringing her BF that I hadn't met so they arrive and help themselves to some glasses while I am upstairs. I come down to say hi and who should the BF be but one of the most memorable SC I have ever had!

I nearly died. Turns out he is a bloody nice guy IRL.
    Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

So...had we gotten this terrible SC story of the guy that isn't that bad when he isn't buying something....or returning something....or whatever he was doing?

Comment

I've gotta agree with Aethian...is this story on the board already? If not, do tell!

(I thought the irony gods had been a little quiet lately, looks like they've decided to say hello to you now!)
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

Probably from ages ago. In short he came in wanted discounts on everything spent about 45 minutes earbashing me on how I should reduce the prices beacuse he was so bloody special and then got super shitty when I kept telling him no.

Turns out he'd just got back from 2 months in India and was still in haggling mode
        Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

I've worked with people who were jerks to work with, but lovely people away from work. That being said, you can gauge a person's character by how he/she treats animals, children, and people in the service industry. He may "seem" like a nice guy, but I'd still have my doubts. Did he at least apologize for being a douchewaffle?
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Did he remember you at all??
            "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

I don't know.

I still subscribe to the rule that anyone who is rude to those serving them isn't a nice person.

Comment

I hope you gave him a bloody good raking on being a decent customer!!!
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"People who are nice to you, but aren't nice to the waiter, aren't nice people."
                  --Dave Barry

He's not nice IRL. It's just that IRL, the possibility exists that he might get called to task on who he really is. People are who they really are only when there are no consequences, if that makes sense. I'm betting Adolph Hitler could probably conduct himself decently around his friends.

Comment

What a great story!

I had something similar happen, but instead it was a rude restaurant manager. I ran into him 2 years later at a social event and I reminded him of the incident in front of everyone. -D

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      I'm betting Adolph Hitler could probably conduct himself decently around his friends.
                      And, with the invocation of Godwin's Law, the thread did die.

Comment

Quoth portia911 View Post
                        Turns out he'd just got back from 2 months in India and was still in haggling mode
                        And that is supposed to excuse/explain it away?

I don't think so.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Shoulda kicked him out of your house and told your friend about him being an Asshole. Bet she'll discover his bad side sooner or later anyways.

Comment

Quoth portia911 View Post
                            Does that mean he recognized you and was at least embarrassed enough to offer and apology? Did you tell your friend about his douchey-waffely-ness?

And to those who say, no excuse: sorry, India is just like that. It is haggling to a degree that I from my US standards would consider downright hostile, let alone rude.
                            Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

!

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                              And, with the invocation of Godwin's Law, the thread did die.
                              Sorry! That was just the most despicable person I could think of at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X