Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I handle this to avoid being an SC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
    People keep repeating the same issues I've already answered. I am going to get a new card. I have to change my name first and that's not going to be till at least next week. I have a lot to take care of before I can get the new card because I am not paying my bank twice for a new card within the space of a couple of weeks. I'm just trying to keep myself from, you know, starving to death in the meantime due to the situation. I haven't had any problems yet and was just trying to find the least sucky solution till I can get a replacement. I'm almost sorry I brought it up now.

Sorry, and feel your frustration, but the only way to avoid eventual conflict is to get your new card. Otherwise carry cash.
    Tamezin

Comment

I wouldnt even mention the name on the card being different.

Ive never really looked at debit cards names, if you know the pin then thats all I worry about.

IF the cashier asks, then explain or pay with cash
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        I wouldnt even mention the name on the card being different.

Ive never really looked at debit cards names, if you know the pin then thats all I worry about.

IF the cashier asks, then explain or pay with cash
        That's probably the best way to handle it that I've heard, due to most cashiers not really seeming to pay much attention in the first place. Thanks! I completely understand that a cashier wants to protect their job, and I wouldn't raise a fuss if it was denied; I'd just seek out an ATM if it was necessary. I'll just be glad to get my new name and new card and not worry about it anymore.

Comment

If you came to my cage with a card that doesn't have your name on it, you'd be turned away. Regardless of the fact that you have the same account. For all they know it's just some guy who could be your estranged husband or something.

Your bank is kind of odd. I don't get charged and they just send a new one if asked. Just get a new card and since you carry everything in your pocket get like a thin wallet or just take out the plastic things in it and carry those.

Comment

Working...
          X