Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else is annoying is when you have no customers and two people come at once and both start putting their stuff on the belt at once. What to do if that happens is just leave one thing from customer A (the customer in front) to stop the belt and just keep scanning around it until all of customer A's stuff is up so that they don't run out of room.

also people who use the express lane have a tendency not to use dividers. it's ok if you have all your stuff in a red basket or you're holding it but seriously is it difficult?

and then of course there's the people who use that sign that says "this lane closed" one on side and some other crap on the other as a divider which is annoying because i can't do anything with it when it comes down to me

Comment

Honestly, over here I haven't seen people have any trouble with divider etiquette.

Except that almost nobody (except me) puts a divider *after* their things, leaving it to the following customer to reach past them for one. But it's so consistent that one gets used to it.

Comment

Quoth joetheman View Post
        it's ok if you have all your stuff in a red basket
        That's one of my pet peeves. You did the shopping, now empty your damn basket. If you leave it up to me, I will turn it over and dump your shit on the belt. I'm not damaging my shoulder for you.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          That's one of my pet peeves. You did the shopping, now empty your damn basket. If you leave it up to me, I will turn it over and dump your shit on the belt. I'm not damaging my shoulder for you.
          I understand your frustration with this. This is where I don't care either way since we don't do the bagging. Most of the time I'll just take the hand scanner and scan the stuff and leave it in the hand basket for their convenience to carry to the bag station.

Comment

that's what being tall's for, it does slow me down, but oh well, no big deal, I can reach in fine. But if you have a short cashier(my store has a couple who can barely see over the register) take the crap out

Comment

Quoth Stlouisx50 View Post
              I understand your frustration with this. This is where I don't care either way since we don't do the bagging. Most of the time I'll just take the hand scanner and scan the stuff and leave it in the hand basket for their convenience to carry to the bag station.
              Actually, it has nothing to do with the fact that I have to bag. We don't have hand scanners. Though we might get them during the remodel, (oh please, oh please, oh please). We've already gotten new phones, and they were putting in new signs at the registers...
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Well lucky for us we are still using old systems to check. In the past we have got hand me down crap from expensive stores that has been used for years. This year maybe we are to get new systems, well maybe they say. They already have found bugs in the new system when it was installed in other stores. I don't know about you all but our company has serious issues with the equipment daily!

Comment

Working...
                X