This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are in the business of making money, not breaking to your demands

This is a short description of events about how to not get an item at our store.

A lady comes up to me and a CW acting very huffy saying that a laundry hamper she wants is only the display model. She says she came from another store who said we had 9 of them. I personally know the computer said we only had 2 since I had looked it up about three hours before.

I check the computer again and it says we have two but it has not updated for about 48 minutes. I explain that since our computer updates once every hour it is very possible and extremely likely that someone purchased the last one in a box and all that's left is the display which she saw.

She goes back grumbling extremely loudly mentioning getting a large discount.

The rest is told to me from my direct supervisor, the AM and the CW I was with once the AM got to the display. The AM is the only person in the store allowed to do discounts and it is completely up to his discretion.

AM: He who has a spine
    M: Manager who also has a spine
    SCM: Demanding husband
    SCW: Demanding wife

AM: Interested in buying the display?
    SCM: Well we have to since your computer lied to us!
    AM: *shrugs that off* Alright so its $25? Hmmmm 17 bucks should be good. *writes "display for sale: 17.99" and signs it*
    SCW: 7 dollars off? That's all your going to give us?
    SCM: We should get at least 50% off for all this.
    AM: Well I'm only allowed to knock it down by about 10%, I gave you a bit more then that even.
    SCM: But its rickety! (the wheels where loose, i fixed them myself later. Took about 25 seconds)
    SCM: You WILL give this to us for at least $15 bucks! (kudos to them for ditching the 50% idea)
    M: You know AM, if we send this back to the manufacturer they will reimburse us at least 20 for the item.
    AM: *leans on the wall and crosses his fingers* You know what M? That sounds like a pretty good idea, unless you guys want to pay more then 20 for it?
    SCM: Huh?
    AM: Alright M take it to the back.

We are in the business of making money, not bending over backwards to demands. At this point I got the hamper, fixed the wheels, and we sent it to the manufacturer.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Nicely done and kudos to your Manager and AM!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Those managers rock.

I think we all know a few managers who could learn a thing or two from them.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Very nice I love your managers.
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Rock on and yaaaay managers!!!!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How I despise people who tell me "Your computer says you have x of this item!"

Yeah, and our computer only updates once daily--after the store has closed. So on a busy day it's quite likely we'll be out of a hot-selling item before close, even though the computer says we have more of it.

How I also despise people who insist on buying displays before the item's gone to clearance and the display's the last one left. Fools. The appliance displays are usually missing their boxes and instructions because we have no place to keep them and toss them out.

And if people saw the (total lack of) care and effort we put into building our furniture displays, they'd never want to buy them.

Kudos to your managers for having spines.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Think nature show....

The SC spies it's pray, the manager. Seeing the attack coming the manager attacks and send the SC scurrying away to hide in their home.

Comment

Distinctly remember a customer who got huffy with me when he asked me if we had a James Bond boxset available?
                M: "Uh, no, in James Bond, the only movie available at the moment is Never Say Never Again, everything else is out of print."
                G: "Your computer says otherwise."
                M: *bewildered* "I'll ask around, but, to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't exist." *I go ask everyone else in the store, and come up with nothing, so I seek out the guy* "Sir, I've asked all my coworkers, and the store manager, and none of us have heard of a boxset of James Bond."
                G: "Your website says you have three in the store."
                M: *blink* "That's impressive, seeing as we don't have a way of finding out our inventory without looking it up, and then going to the shelves to find out how many we have. Our system does NOT keep a count of anything."

Two days after? Found the boxset... on our up and coming RESERVATIONS list! Four months away! In the store my ass!
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I love it when managers have a spine!

Comment

Working...
                  X