X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was a weird day.

...or maybe I was just in a weird mood.

Either way, I had a fun cast of characters at work today. For a little BG, I work at Walgreens.

Does that make me gay?

I was in cosmetics, putting some Christmas stuff up on risers (yes, Christmas already... ugh!) and a gentleman asked me if I could get some cologne out of the case behind the register for him. So he's perusing, trying to decide, and asks me to pull out a Calvin Klein cologne.

SC: "CK Contradiction?!"
    Me: "Uhm, yes...?"
    SC: "That sounds a little gay, don't you think?"
    Me: "I'm sorry?"
    SC (seeing my ): "Uh, I just mean... it's like, contradiction... like you don't know if you're straight or gay."
    Me:
    SC: "uh, nevermind. bye"

I LoL'd when he left though because it was obvious he just said whatever came to him without thinking about it. Some people need to tighten up their brain-to-mouth filters.

This is NOT a library!!!

People who sit in the magazine section and read the latest issue of People or Cosmo, instead of BUYING the damn thing... drive me nuts.

GROSS!

I went to the bathroom at one point, and in the little garbage can in the stall was a pair of poopy underwear. WHAT THE HECK?! It was early in the morning, probably 11 or noon maybe, and I had been in there once before and it wasn't there. Someone came into my store with poop in their pants during a 3 or so hour time frame and I probably let them into the bathroom without noticing. GROSS! Are you kidding?

Rude, or embarrassed?

I was standing behind my register looking at this week's ad, and a guy came up and asked me some question about shampoo. In the middle of our conversation, he knocked over a neat little display of lip gloss I had on the counter, spilling lip gloss everywhere. He just looked at me and kept talking. Dude! At least apologize if you're not going to volunteer to pick up your mess.

Our return policy is 30 days!

I was in photo watching it for the girl who was working there to go on her lunch break, and someone called for a Code 3. Code 3 is when someone needs a refund or an exchange or whatever, and managers always do these transactions in photo, since it usually has enough money to cover a refund and isn't busy enough that it would clog up a register for too long. ANYWAY... an older lady came up with a toaster oven in a garbage bag, demanding a refund.

SC (with immediate cat butt face): "Here's my receipt, I need a refund, this broke."
    Manager (looks at receipt dated TWO YEARS ago): "Uhm, ma'am, our refund policy is 30 days. Not TWO YEARS."
    SC: "Well, I have this (the instruction/warranty thing) that came with the damn thing that says to return it to the store if it's broken!"
    Manager (reads the thing): "No ma'am, it says return to the manufacturer. That's not us. That's whoever made it."
    SC: "That's ridiculous! Who ever heard of such a thing?!"
    Manager: "I'm sorry ma'am... and to be quite honest, you could buy a new toaster oven from us for $9.99 and that would probably be way cheaper than mailing it back to the manufacturer."
    SC: ...
    Manager: ...
    SC: "Fine, but I'll go to Walmart instead!"

LoL... instead of just buying one here, you'd rather drive to the other side of town? Okay then!

My own brain burp

Later, I was back in cosmetics.

The girl who was working front register called for backup, at which point, whoever is in cosmetics is supposed to go up to bring customers back to their register or call it over the intercom (we're supposed to ring someone every 15 minutes so Corporate knows someone is working that department). So I called it over the intercom, but since I'm usually in photo, it came out:

"I can help customers in photo, I have no line.....*3 second pause*.... uhhhh... 'scuse me. COSMETICS! I can help customers in cosmetics, I have no line and no waiting."

Ughh... EMBARRASSING!

It was just one of those days. No one was majorly sucky, it was mostly silly things. But I kinda wanted to do one of these: by the time 4pm rolled around.
    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Um, if my toaster broke after two years, I'd just toss it and buy a new one. Toasters don't cost that much.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Um, if my toaster broke after two years, I'd just toss it and buy a new one. Toasters don't cost that much.
      I'm in shock she still had the damn recipt O_O.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        I'm in shock she still had the damn recipt O_O.
        She was an OLD lady, and knowing OLD ladies, like my own dear grandmother who saves receipts for anything she may have to return 10 years down the line... I'm not surprised.
        I work at Walgreens.

Comment

Quoth IEatCustomers4Breakfast
          ... an older lady came up with a toaster oven in a garbage bag, demanding a refund.

SC (with immediate cat butt face): "Here's my receipt, I need a refund, this broke."
          Manager (looks at receipt dated TWO YEARS ago): "Uhm, ma'am, our refund policy is 30 days. Not TWO YEARS."

Wow it just amazes me that people think that they can return anything at anytime.
          I had a lady this week that returned over $170 in clothes with a receipt from 2004
          She said that she was cleaning out her daughters closet and the items no longer fit her. The clothes smelled like old moth balls but I had to take them back because that is our policy. You can return at any time after the 30 days for a store credit.
          Last edited by Ree; 09-15-2008, 06:45 AM. Reason: fIXING QUOTE TAGS

Comment

Wow - that's just mental. Talk about an open abuse policy.

Comment

Quoth IEatCustomers4Breakfast View Post

GROSS!

I went to the bathroom at one point, and in the little garbage can in the stall was a pair of poopy underwear. WHAT THE HECK?! It was early in the morning, probably 11 or noon maybe, and I had been in there once before and it wasn't there. Someone came into my store with poop in their pants during a 3 or so hour time frame and I probably let them into the bathroom without noticing. GROSS! Are you kidding?
              Well, remember that some people don't have complete control over their bodily functions, and even 'normal' people might occasionally have 'accidents'. It sucks that you had to deal with it (and it's why I keep a supply of latex gloves on my job), but it doesn't necessarily imply suck on the customer's part. I've never known ANYONE willing to admit that they've crapped their drawers. In fact, I'd have to say the customer was trying NOT to suck; at least they put it in the garbage can, rather than attempting to flush it down the toilet or just leaving it for someone to handle more directly.

Eons ago, when I worked for the retail giant whose most enduring logo is a big red 'K', we would often have to deal with DELIBERATE sphincter 'malfunctions'. If a customer wants to suck in that particular area, believe me, they CAN.
              Last edited by xaenon; 09-16-2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
                I had a lady this week that returned over $170 in clothes with a receipt from 2004 She said that she was cleaning out her daughters closet and the items no longer fit her. The clothes smelled like old moth balls but I had to take them back because that is our policy. You can return at any time after the 30 days for a store credit.
                This just makes me
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth xaenon View Post
                  Well, remember that some people don't have complete control over their bodily functions, and even 'normal' people might occasionally have 'accidents'. It sucks that you had to deal with it (and it's why I keep a supply of latex gloves on my job), but it doesn't necessarily imply suck on the customer's part. I've never known ANYONE willing to admit that they've crapped their drawers. In fact, I'd have to say the customer was trying NOT to suck; at least they put it in the garbage can, rather than attempting to flush it down the toilet or just leaving it for someone to handle more directly.

Eons ago, when I worked for the retail giant whose most enduring logo is a big red 'K', we would often have to deal with DELIBERATE sphincter 'malfunctions'. If a customer wants to suck in that particular area, believe me, they CAN.
                  Valid points. I hadn't thought of it that way. I was just irritated at the sight of it.

In a semi-related story: there was a woman who tried to sue my store a few months ago, because when the person at the front called for someone to unlock the bathrooms for her (read: they're not REALLY public since we have to unlock them), the person who was supposed to do that was busy with another customer, and the woman pissed herself. It was apparently our fault that she didn't go at home or before she left the last place she was at. And since we have bathrooms in the store, how dare they be under lock? Ugh.
                  I work at Walgreens.

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
                    Wow it just amazes me that people think that they can return anything at anytime.
                    I had a lady this week that returned over $170 in clothes with a receipt from 2004
                    She said that she was cleaning out her daughters closet and the items no longer fit her. The clothes smelled like old moth balls but I had to take them back because that is our policy. You can return at any time after the 30 days for a store credit.
                    One of our local EWs actually brought back a USED toilet seat, in the original box, after 10 MONTHS. It was a cheap seat with plastic hinges that cost $12.99. She offered to take it out of the box to show us.

Um....NO....Ick! But my boss gave her her money back! (I think she bought a new one, put the old one in a box, and brought that one back so she basically got a toilet seat for nothing. He is so honest that he never thought of her doing that.
                    This is the same SC who almost never shops in out store but whenever she walks by stops by with her dog to get him a treat. If I'm at the register I hide them behind the computer and tell her we're out.
                    (these doggie treats, by the way, are bought by myself and one of the managers, not the store)
                    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth IEatCustomers4Breakfast View Post
                      ...or maybe I was just in a weird mood.

Either way, I had a fun cast of characters at work today. For a little BG, I work at Walgreens.

I was in photo watching it for the girl who was working there to go on her lunch break, and someone called for a Code 3. Code 3 is when someone needs a refund or an exchange or whatever, and managers always do these transactions in photo, since it usually has enough money to cover a refund and isn't busy enough that it would clog up a register for too long. ANYWAY... an older lady came up with a toaster oven in a garbage bag, demanding a refund.

SC: "Well, I have this (the instruction/warranty thing) that came with the damn thing that says to return it to the store if it's broken!"
                      Manager (reads the thing): "No ma'am, it says return to the manufacturer. That's not us. That's whoever made it."
                      SC: "That's ridiculous! Who ever heard of such a thing?!"
                      Manager: "I'm sorry ma'am... and to be quite honest, you could buy a new toaster oven from us for $9.99 and that would probably be way cheaper than mailing it back to the manufacturer."
                      SC: "Fine, but I'll go to Walmart instead!"

LoL... instead of just buying one here, you'd rather drive to the other side of town? Okay then!
                      At least your manager actually upholds policy.

You could "return" something that you bought at CVS three years ago without the receipt and our boss will still give you a refund for it. That our store hasn't been fined yet is a miricle.

Comment

Working...
                      X