This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a chance to respond!!!

So, up in front, when this lady comes up and asks about a particular clearance item. Rather, items that we haven't marked down as clearance. That she knows was clearance at other stores. Oh, she's the manager of "that store" near the location. Ya following me?

Before I can compute what she just said, she replies "You know what, i'm calling the manager of the other store." And just leaves the front. A few minutes later, the other store calls, and I have the lovely joy of being insulted by the other store for something that I could've done if the bitch only gave me a chance to speak.

*sigh* Seriously contemplating complaining to her superiors, on the mere fact that "some woman was throwing around your brand name around in order to obtain discounts on merchandise."

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
    *sigh* Seriously contemplating complaining to her superiors, on the mere fact that "some woman was throwing around your brand name around in order to obtain discounts on merchandise."
    I would. One of the few chances most people have to actually call someone on sucky behavior.

Comment

Seriously contemplating complaining to her superiors, on the mere fact that "some woman was throwing around your brand name around in order to obtain discounts on merchandise."
      Go for it.

Seriously.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh, yes, call them now.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Oh, she's the manager of "that store" near the location. Ya following me?
          "You know what, i'm calling the manager of the other store."
          ... So, she called HERSELF?
          "I'm sorry, ma'am, if you truly work for my company, you're aware that I don't have to deal with the mentally unstable. Farewell, come on, Pegasus."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

yes definately get the real story on the record
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It always baffles me how people in retail can be such pricks. Don't you know what it's like on the other side of that?
              But anyway, make that call.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I have to admit to being thoroughly confused.

Comment

I think "that store near the location" was not the store that had it on clearance. It was another store, near there. Clearly the customer thought throwing out there the concept that she was manager of that other store would somehow make an item that was not on clearance get discounted for her.

Comment

I would call.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                      I have to admit to being thoroughly confused.
                      I'm glad I'm not the only one.
                      "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Totally call. There was no need for that if the woman had just let you speak.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                        X