Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An E-mail exchange for my annoyance, and your reading enjoyment.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An E-mail exchange for my annoyance, and your reading enjoyment.

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:05 AM
    To: 'David'
    Cc: 'Vanessa'
    Subject: E. 118th RFI

A702 Detail 1 shows the stairs finishing 1 ¾” above the plank/landing.

1.Are dimensions shown from floor to floor (TOS) to the top of finished or unfinished floor?

2. Detail shows finish on stair landing. We will be using a solid concrete landing slab, would you want us to make the solid slabs the total thickness, or would you rather put the finish on the landings as shown?
    Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:06 AM
    Subject: RE: E. 118th RFI

This isn’t a new RFI, I just wanted to let you know that I have the floor plans done, so I’m just waiting for this RFI to be resolved. If you want I can submit the floor plans and sections preliminary ahead of time.

Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:36 AM
    Subject: RE: E. 118th RFI

I’m just checking to see if you have anything to report on this RFI.
    Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:59 AM
    To: Matt
    Subject: Fwd: RE: [PM_MAIL]: [East 118th Street] Request ForInformation: 013 - Drawing A702 & S400
    Sorry about that i thought i had forwarded you the answer to the RFI.

Please see the Attached email regarding your outstanding RFI.
    Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:38 AM
    To: Vanessa
    Cc: David
    Subject: RE: [PM_MAIL]: [East 118th Street] Request For Information: 013 - Drawing A702 & S400

In response to RFI #13, Please find attached ASI #8

To sum up. I waited 3 weeks to get an answer to something that was taken care of 2 hours after I asked it.

I've saved this whole train just in case someone complains that we're taking too long.
    Last edited by draftermatt; 09-16-2008, 07:27 PM.

I hate people that don't read their email. How can you possibly get by in today's business world and NOT READ your email?! It boggles my mind.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      I hate people that don't read their email. How can you possibly get by in today's business world and NOT READ your email?! It boggles my mind.
      I am currently in the process of assembling the completed pieces of a proposal that is due at the requesting office at 2:00PM this afternoon, and it's now 10:30am. The RFP was published a MONTH ago. I found out about it (I proof, print, bind and ship the damn things) YESTERDAY. Thanks to a project manager who doesn't always read her email and/or thinks she's sent me instructions when she HASN'T, I am about to call a meeting and respectfully suggest that this business of responding to proposals at the very last minute is getting really old. I know bloody well that 90% of all these RFP's are NOT published less than a week before the due date, so there's no freaking excuse.

The scary thing is, she's an expert in her field and usually quite on top of things, EXCEPT when it comes to answering her email instead of just THINKING about answering it.
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I used to have to send company wide emails that I needed to send out to TWO people for editing before I could send them company wide

it was to ensure that a higher up signed off on the info and that it didnt violate company policy in anyway
        the bad thing about it was that it could take 3-4 hours before I could get anything done!

What I used to hate was that they both hardly ever bothered actually reading the emails and on more than one occasion, they would reply with a "email okay send company wide"

then I would send out the email

and 5 minutes later get a

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT, thats incorrect we dont /cant do that why did you say we could youll have to send a correction!

I would forward BOTH of them BOTH okay emails and bascially tell them to fuck off, Im not emailing a correction because BOTH of you are to freaking lazy to read the 4 line email I sent you! I told them more than once that they would have to now live with the instuctions given out as it was no longer my problem. They learnt to read the emails throughly!
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I have fried in school who doesn't check their school e-mail. Now e-mail is the official and only way the school will tell you stuff. He has actually complained to me that he never checked his e-mail and missed out on a important deadline and never got housing and missed a very important message regarding reg. dates. Somehow he blames the school for this.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            I have fried in school who doesn't check their school e-mail. Now e-mail is the official and only way the school will tell you stuff. He has actually complained to me that he never checked his e-mail and missed out on a important deadline and never got housing and missed a very important message regarding reg. dates. Somehow he blames the school for this.
            See, that's why I set my school e-mail to forward to address i actually use.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              See, that's why I set my school e-mail to forward to address i actually use.
              My uni won't allow it. Policy is since they "can't guarantee delivery" to a mailbox on a 3rd party system, they will no longer do it.

They offer POP and IMAP access, but no SMTP. If you want to use their email fully and be able to send and receive, without using the web interface, you must use Outlook/Outlook Express. Grrr Exchange.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
              X