This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the nuisance of renting lockers

Tonight's theme features the lockers the library rents for students to store their stuff in, I hate the damn things.

We rent lockers you know
    A few minutes after I got to work a student came to the desk in a panic because she couldn't find her bag. She went to my coworker first who couldn't get a sentence in before she came to me and she went to the reference librarians after another failed attempt by me to get more. Honestly we didn't get to a full description of the bag until she talked to my supervisor who told her she'd need to file a report with campus police.

From what we gathered from our panicked friend she has left the bag in the building 2 hours previously and had just come back to pick it up. Can anyone spot the problem here?

The student did not want to stick around to wait for the cop has she kept wanting to go back and look for her missing back which has the all important notes in it. When our friend the cop came she did not want to file a report but accepted his help to look again. When the campus cops are called they have to file a report, it's protocol. The student disapeared and the cop asked my supervisor for her information and my supervisor obliged. The student then popped up and yelled at him saying he couldn't do that and she didn't want to file a report. She went behind the desk where nonemployees are not allowed to do this.

Mind you I sympathise that she lost her bag and she was panicky but this was her own fault and she was crazy toward the end.

more on lockers
    We rent lockers for students to use, undergrads can only rent lockers for a day and graduates for an entire semester hence we get more requests from undergrads. This evening an undergrad asked for a key to a locker, has this is the first time he's done this I explained to him all the rules and such and he leaves with a locker key.

A few minutes later I go to the toilet and come back to find said student talking to my coworker about the key not working. Since the night supervisor had not yet gone for the night he went up to see what was wrong. Turns out the student put the key in the wrong locker, the keys are clearly marked so obviously he missed it now we have to wait for someone to come get it out and it's midnight.

*edit*
    On why I hate tech support
    Partly student, partly the techies.
    Every semester they mess around with the computers and every semester they screw over someone because of that. One of the night students came in to work on a paper and for some reason couldn't get anything to save and had trouble printing. Granted she could've done this earlier in the day when most of the staff haven't gone home and I'm limited in my knowledge in how to work things out. I hope things worked I feel bad for her.
    Last edited by Soulstealer; 09-17-2008, 07:16 AM.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Sounds like the first student had something of an illegal nature in her bag...

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
      Sounds like the first student had something of an illegal nature in her bag...
      Nah she's a grad student and had a bunch of notes and stuff in her bag . They always panic more if something happens to thier precious notes.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

To the second story: DUH! Why, oh why, don't people read anymore?
        A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Wow, the first woman was I have to agree there may have been something, um, illegal with her bag.

I really feel for the last one. I used to go to the computer lab in the wee morning hours throughout my college days. That's what happens when you work full-time 3-11pm to pay your rent while in college. Doesn't leave many "normal" hours available for schoolwork. Hope things work out for her.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Wow, the first woman was I have to agree there may have been something, um, illegal with her bag.
            I swear officer, it's an organic brownie.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
            X