This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
    I'm also honestly a bit disappointed that your friend decided to publicly ridicule the guard.
    I second that and was thinking the same thing. I think the friend may have taken it a tad too far when she called him an "idiot" ... same with the supervisor by calling him "stupid" ... the guard was probably being overly cautious or uncertain of the rules specifics.

I know I don't like it when people call me names when I pull a boneheaded move (I already feel like an idiot, I don't need anyone verbally confirming it, especially in front of others ...).

Although, we all weren't there, so it's hard saying what exactly went down.
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

The guard was an idiot, but the other person also seems like a bit of an ass for making such a public spectacle of it.

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
        He's sued about a dozen places and won every single time...and every time he donated his winnings to the Guide Dog Center.
        So full of WIN.
        Last edited by Ree; 09-18-2008, 05:46 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
        "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
          I actually think folks ARE coming down on the guard a bit too hard.
          I completely agree with you. Yes, it was a bit stupid of him not to know about the sign, but her mocking him like that most likely didn't help things.
          Last edited by Ree; 09-18-2008, 05:47 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Let me point out that he could SEE the sign from where he was. She even pointed to it and told him the sign says she can come in and even has a picture of the harness she has on her dog, and she did go the "try to educate him" route. Then when he refused after pointing out the sign and trying to get him to read the law did she call him an idiot to the rest of the people waiting not so patiently in line wanting to know what the hold up was.

Comment

While I do agree the friend could have handled things more tactfully, I also have to point out that this is one of those situations pointed out in this thread

We're getting just a bit tired of people calling others out in threads and sitting as judge and jury on whether their situation was really so sucky.

We were not there and only have the OP's take on the situation, but I'm sure she is familiar enough with this scenario to be justified in her anger at the guard for trying to deny access to her service dog.

Period. End of story.

Hopefully, the guard learned from this experience and will not make the same mistake, and if the OP and her friend are ever in a situation like this again, I would also hope they might be slightly more tactful in getting their point across.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                The guard was an idiot, but the other person also seems like a bit of an ass for making such a public spectacle of it.
                Quoth Mordecai View Post
                I completely agree with you. Yes, it was a bit stupid of him not to know about the sign, but her mocking him like that most likely didn't help things.
                We could probably argue all day about who was the bigger SC or the two--but it looks like all of that ground has already been covered. No point in continually treading the same path.
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                X