Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You mean you DIDN'T break the law for me??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean you DIDN'T break the law for me??

I work for a wireless provider and yes, we take bill payments but since my store is a 3rd party we charge a $5 fee to make a payment. It's stupid I know, but the company I work for is separate from the wireless carrier and the carrier charges US $5 to take the payments so we pass the cost on.

Some people aren't too please with this, I've seen various reactions, such as:

"That's ridiculous!"
    "WHAT?!"
    "You guys are damned criminals"
    "Stupid bitch" (Said to my manager when she told someone about the fee)

but the topper was this guy.

He comes in with a check to pay his bill...

SC: Can I pay a bill here?
    Me: You can but we charge $5
    SC: Oh that's lovely, I'm so glad we're canceling you bastards. *throws 5 one dollar bills on the counter with his check and walks out*

Problem 1:

He only brought me the remittance slip from his bill, which contains the account number but no other info. Since I am a 3rd party, I can't look an account up by just an account number (silly but true). I need a phone number or a last name along with an account number to search. So I try the last name on the check but it comes back invalid (This guy was paying on someone else's account). Problem 1 is easily rectified with a call to our CS explaining the situation.

Problem 2:

There's no signature on the check.

Since I tracked down the number through CS I called the customer and told them I would need that guy to come back to complete this payment.

So then he comes back later that day:

SC: (as if it was the most obvious thing that we missed) Why didn't guys just sign my name to that check?
    CW and I give each other WTF? looks.
    CW: Uh because that would be fraud sir and it would also be against the law.
    SC: I wouldn't have reported you for anything. My god, you dragged me all the way back out here for something you could've done in 30 seconds? Is it any wonder I am switching providers? *grabs his check and leaves*

I made a mental note after that to never do business with that SC, since he has no qualms about forging names.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

What an imbecil! And people wonder why fraud is getting to be common place these days!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

What a jackass.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My God, if that were me, I would have been thanking you up and down for caring about my money/identity. Oh, but wait, that's probably because I don't suck...

Comment

What a piece of work that guy is.
          "If you're so trusting sir, would you please give me a blank check? I'll totally pay your bill with it. Promise."
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I'm wondering if he expected you to forge his name on the check so that he could sue and/or have you guys arrested later.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              I'm wondering if he expected you to forge his name on the check so that he could sue and/or have you guys arrested later.
              And with his freakish attitude, he probably would have done that in a heartbeat.
              ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
                And with his freakish attitude, he probably would have done that in a heartbeat.
                And the sad thing is that he probably would have won his case.
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  What an imbecil! And people wonder why fraud is getting to be common place these days!
                  And if the op HAD 'signed' the check, you just KNOW he would have howled 'fraud'.

Comment

So did he leave the 5.00 behind?

Comment

Working...
                    X