This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready. Get set. GOOOOOO!

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, please move if need be.

So..... I've been working at an after hours answering service. I've had a good amount of fun stories, but relating most of them would violate my confidentiality contract thingy Here is one I can relate though and not mess myself up

I took a call today for a certain company. What the company is or does doesn't really matter. I've changed names to protect myself, yada yada.

W- Weirdo caller
    M- Me!!!!!!!!
    Bob- Someone who works for said company

M- Thank you for calling Yada Yada Services, this is Silver, how can I help you?

W- Hello! Is Bob there?

M- Not at the moment, may I take a message?

W- Sure!!!!! I'm weirdo with Who Cares Inc. (spoken quickly) and my phone number is 111 222 3333 extension 4444 and this message is for Bob.

(At this point I am about to reask his name and how to spell the name of the company [some weird long thing])

W Let's have a race and see who can get off the phone quicker. Get ready, get set, g---

M- Sir, I need you to spell your name and company name.

W- Oh, sure! *Blah Blah* at *Who Cares Inc.*

M- *I verify phone number and name*

W- Ok, Thank you. Now get ready, get set, GO!!!!!

*CLICK*

Oh and he was VERY enthusiastic and cheery.

Now ? Who does that? Is this some "get off the phone" trick I've never heard of?
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

"Sir, if you really don't want to speak to me, just say so, I'd be happy to transfer you to the dial tone..."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
      Now ? Who does that?
      Crackheads. Or whatever drug would make you hyper.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
        Crackheads. Or whatever drug would make you hyper.
        Caffeine?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          "Sir, if you really don't want to speak to me, just say so, I'd be happy to transfer you to the dial tone..."
          At the callcenter I used to work at, the techs who had been there a while called that "The RLS Department," named after the button on the soft phone that hung up.

It had changed to "Release" by the time I got there, but I still got in on the joke.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
            Caffeine?
            Or Guarana......aka energy drinks...
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
            X