Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im sorry where having broadcasting errors, please sue the cable company.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sorry where having broadcasting errors, please sue the cable company.

OK

I used to do tech support for a major cable provider, one day Fox News was having technical difficulties during the O'reily Factor which happened to be interviewing Barrack O'Bama. About three hours later cust calls in and ask why the show was only off for that hour, I calmly explain to him the broadcaster was having some troubles. He said then how could i get in my car and listen to it fine but on the tv it was not on. I said again that all we know about it is that the broadcaster was having trouble. he said thats bullshit and we deliberately turned it off, i told him we have no control over that and cant block a program from airing. Cust is getting irate now saying that we violated some damn public information broadcast law i never even heard of. I say to him again Im really sorry but theres nothing we could have done about that. He demands to talk to a sup now, also threatens to sue us, asks for my name too i give him my first name but he wants my last name too, i tell him what good is it going to do to sue me and he blows it says i hope this call is being recorded because you just smarted off to me and now im gonna have your job by tomorrow.

By this point im beyond pissed and i do call a sup over, mainly to calm me down so i can talk to the cust, luckily i was able to calm him down to where the sup didnt have to talk to the cust and he demanded someone call him back in the morning.

I was really glad to get rid of him

Something happened, i dont know what but 2 days later i was called into my managers office and was promptly fired, they accused me of hanging up of customers which i didnt, they said they had proof but i didnt get a chance to talk to him and i spent a week calling HR but noone will return my calls.

OH WELL FUCK THEM

SHOW ME THE PROOF!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I'd have demanded to see or hear the proof.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I'd have demanded to see or hear the proof.
        I agree. If they still refuse to contact you, I think that a call to the department of labor is in order. They cannot get away with this.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

What state are you in? If you're in a at-will state (like me...Florida), you're pretty much fucked. If not, go to the department of labor and peg their asses. Demand proof of their claim that you hung up on a customer and be persistent to talk to management and/or HR about that.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Hot damn. I agree with everyone else; they shouldn't get away with BS like that.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Fight for that unemployment money.

Good luck on finding a better place to work.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Definitely go to the labor board. It sounds like they're trying to show cause for firing you to avoid paying unemployment.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Labor board.

Comment

Working...
                  X