This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who else can control the weather..

i work for a chain of auto repair facilities who shall remain nameless...returning shortly...
    When the car was finished, it was parked outside near the front door so we could get the next vehicle into the bay.,and also because we knew the customer was close by..
    just then there was a freak (just some clouds no rain or thunder) mini hailstorm with peas sized hail that came down for about 45 seconds and then stopped..the lady came back saying 'my car better not be damaged'
    and so...i laughed...out loud...and i said..."Act of God?"....she suddenly became very angry...and i said.."oh ..youre serious..."
    she paid her bill and stormed out....we havent seen her since'

...and if she'd actually been a few minutes earlier and driving down the road, then who would she have complained to?

What a dingbat.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Don't you know you ARE supposed to control that?!

There's an on/off switch for all types of weather in your "back room".
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        There's an on/off switch for all types of weather in your "back room".
        Since SC's always claim everything they want/need/desire is in the "backroom" your explanation makes perfect sense!

Comment

oh yes, I control the weather too... it is my fault that delta cancelled flights because of weather on the other side of the country... so I beat you tequilla, you're only responsible for the weather on top of your store... I'm responsible for weather over 1000 miles away
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Back room radio commercial

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            Since SC's always claim everything they want/need/desire is in the "backroom" your explanation makes perfect sense!
            There is currently a commercial on the radio that I've been greatly annoyed at hearing that features the "back room". The announcer is saying the the good stuff is always in the back room, and if the sales person likes you they'll go get it for you. This is a commercial for the "GMC?" service lanes that happen to go behind the building, because he says to go around back to the service center for your repairs. Way to encourage sucky customers into asking about the magical "back room" that holds all the good stuff!

Comment

I will admit, I'm guilty of asking people to check the back room fairly frequently when shopping at Safeway. In my defense, I always ask them to check for items, rather than demand they be magically produced. I've requested the check often enough that I have a fairly good working knowledge of what is stored where.

The only time I've pulled the "asking multiple employees the same thing" stunt was when the guy I asked first went in, never actually checked, and came right back out saying they were out (despite me being able to SEE an entire pallet of the item in question through the door). The second person I asked had no problems at all finding me some...

Comment

There will be a day we get weather control. I just hope the consoles aren't put in every car in existence.

New WM radio, featuring Weather Control!

And yeah, honestly Acts of God are not covered by insurance. If you have a problem with it, hit the confessional. They'd probably like to see more of you anyways.

Next time someone complains about an act of God, ask them how long it's been since they gave their full 10% of income (BEFORE TAXES) tithe. They'll skitter away like a hermit crab.
                I am Evil Queen's sex slave. It pays well.

Yes, I will fix your computer. Compensation is appreciated.
                Current Data = 2.0 TeraBytes

Comment

Working...
                X